04_Awake

<POV: MYG>

Vanilla...

I instinctively snuggled in the blanket as I breathed in the scent. Huh?

I jerked awake as vague memories of the night before slowly came back to me.

I opened my eyes to see that I'm already in my room. Turning to look around, I saw that there she was, crouched in a seat next to my bed. A basin filled with water and a small towel was in the table beside her as well as some medicine and a glass of water.

She's sound asleep. How can she peacefully sleep all crouched like that? I wondered to myself.

I stared at her for a while longer. She has long black hair with soft waves framing her delicate round face. Her dark lashes cast soft shadows in her eyes as her glasses have fallen slightly and rested itself on her nose; lips slightly parted as soft snores can be heard from her.

I scratched the back of my head as I suddenly found myself smiling at this girl, a girl I met in the most extraordinary circumstances. I tried to recall her name. What was it again?...

I've noticed her hands were tucked underneath her clothes. She must be cold as the heater was not turned on.

I started to cover her with a blanket. I dared not touch her, afraid I might wake her up. I leaned close to her, blanket in my hands, when I realized it really was her scent after all. Vanilla...

"What are you doing?"

I almost jumped up in surprise when I heard her voice. She was blinking, trying to focus on me as she fixed her glasses. I almost lost my balance, but she immediately stood up and reached for my arm to steady me.

"Woah, steady. You should still be in bed," she said, pursing her lips, her left hand on her hip.

I seated myself back in my bed, wondering why she even bothered to stay. She just bit her lower lip as she looked back at me, smiling.

"Why are you still here?" I asked her as I looked away.

"You forgot already?"

She started to move slowly towards me, leaning closer and looking straight to my eyes.

"You told me not to leave, that's why," she said grinning suddenly.

"Oh, and somebody had to do that." She pointed at the table coolly.

"Uhmm," I said nonchalantly as I turned my head away, trying to hide my fluster. "Thank you. But I think I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Great! I'll get going then. My van is still parked in front; your neighbors might complain."

She was fast. Before I had time to react, she was heading out of my room with basin and towel in hand.

Without thinking, I shot up and followed her downstairs, almost stumbling down.

"Jae Ah-ssi... wait!"

Aiish... that girl sure is quick on her feet.

I held on to the railings to steady myself when I felt someone pinched my cheek lightly.

"I knew it," she beamed as she stood in front of me.

Averting my eyes, I admit that I did feel quite relieved that she hasn't left yet. I can't tell her though...

"I'm quite surprised you still remember my name," she then said, grinning. "So, why'd you call for me?"

"I... I forgot to thank you..."