03_Fire

<POV: YJA>

"Oh, shoot. I think that's the officer who caught me sleeping earlier," I said as I quickly squeezed myself back to the driver's seat to start the van.

He's still on the other side of the road. Better hurry before he flags me down again.

As I drove away from the park, I sensed Min Yoon Gi staring at me. I smiled back sheepishly as I explained what happened to me earlier. He was listening at me intently which honestly made me feel glad I get to talk to someone else other than myself.

"What's your name again?" I asked him as I had been distracted before and did not hear.

"Min Yoon Gi," he said again a bit shyly.

"So, uhmm, I could drive you to where you want to go. Just lead the way."

That's when he pointed to my fuel gauge, now flashing furiously.

"Shoot. I forgot about that. Guess I really need to gas up now."

I got my phone out to check online where the nearest station is. It's just two blocks away but I think my van won't make it. Looks like I have to walk there myself... Good thing it's no longer raining.

I parked on a nearby lot, checking outside for any more officers making their rounds. It's already past 12 midnight as I checked the time. I got off and went to the back compartment to get a container.

"Yoon Gi-ssi," I said to him as I stood beside the window. "I'll just go fill this up, ok? I won't be long, it's just two blocks away."

"Let me go with you."

"Nah, I can go alone. It's not that far really. Besides..." I continued as I felt his forehead with my palm, "you're looking feverish."

<POV: MYG>

"Do me a favor, will you? Rest your head and use this blanket if you're cold. I'll be back in a jiffy," she told me with a kind smile as she handed me a blanket.

As she started to walk away, I covered myself with the blanket and snuggled.

It was warm and comforting. I caught a whiff of some scent as I breathed in. This scent... is it... vanilla..?

"Oh my god, you're burning up."

I stirred as I heard her voice again. Apparently I drifted off to sleep while waiting.

I opened my eyes to find her face a breath's away from mine. She was looking intently at me; worry in her face, a slight panic in her voice.

"Aaah, Jae Ah, keep your cool," I heard her say as I drifted in and out of sleep.

"Where are the meds that I just bought? No, don't tell me you dropped them, Jae Ah." I found her now beside me by the driver's seat. She's speaking to herself. Funny girl...

"Here, Yoon Gi-ssi," she touched my shoulder to wake me up and then felt my forehead again. "I bought some meds for you. You should take this first and just go back to sleep after."

She helped me drink some water to wash down the medicine. She seemed somehow relieved now as she looked at me, smiling.

"You'll be fine."

<POV: YJA>

"Uhmm, which way was it again?" I asked Yoon Gi for the third time now as I couldn't understand him mumbling the directions to his house.

My phone unfortunately could not get a proper signal and I told him I'm new in town so I needed him to point me to where his house is. I think he's somewhat groggy with the flu med I gave him as he already told me to go back once or twice now.