They're probably reminiscing about their romance right now.

The thought makes the jealousy burn me even deeper. I crawl into bed and kick my shoes off. I close my eyes but can't force myself to sleep. It doesn't feel right to sleep after the fight I had with Josh and after the discovery that Cassie and Josh have history together. I try to focus on the weekend that Josh and I had. It really was a perfect weekend. I wish I would have kept my mouth shut and not have said anything about Brad.

After a lot of tossing and turning, exhaustion beats my anxiety and I finally fall asleep.

~~~~

The next morning, I get ready for work and hurry out of the apartment before bumping into Cassie. Sometimes we have breakfast together but today is not going to be one of those days. I just know she's going to want to talk about Josh and I don't feel in the mood for pretending.

As most days, it's an uneventful day at work. I'm really getting tired of it. During my break, I go online and do some research on getting my teaching license. Looks like I would need a Bachelor's which I already have. I will need to complete a teacher program completion and then take state examinations to get my teaching license. It seems like a lot but it's definitely a possibility. The thought of leaving this job and working with kids makes my future look more appealing. As much as I love the pay I get in this job, I now realize that money isn't everything when it comes to work. It's about doing something that you love and enjoy. Teaching has always been in the back of my head, maybe it's time I listened.

At around ten in the morning, my phone rings. It's Josh. I grab my phone and walk to the break room.

"Hey." I answer.

"Hey," Josh says on the other side of the line. "You got a minute?"

"Yeah, of course. What's up?"

"We didn't really get a chance to talk last night."

I nod slowly. "Yeah, I know."

"Is there a way I can see you? Maybe during your lunch? I can meet you at work or something."

"Uh, yeah sure. We can meet at noon? There is a Starbucks right across the street we can meet there."

"That sounds good. I'll see you then."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up and look down at the screen, biting my lip nervously.

I hate this. Whenever Josh and I have a wonderful time together, something always has to happen that pulls us apart. I know the reason is because our relationship is not exactly conventional, it's not normal. It's bound to have issues.

My nerves are on edge for the next two hours. At noon, I grab my purse and walk out of the building. I cross the street and go into the Starbucks. It's not as packed as it usually is which is good. I spot Josh on one of the tables by the window. He stands up when he sees me. I guess he's working too because he's wearing his uniform. It doesn't help that he looks so good.

"Hey," He says quietly as we sit down across from each other.

"Hi."