11 - Stuck with work

As much as this morning turned out fabulous with me pulling yet another prank on Francisco and also getting pleasantly surprised by the marks for my maths homework, the evening was definitely not as pleasant.

Firstly, I had a surprise test for Accounts and my account was not balancing at all no matter what I did! So I was most probably getting bad marks for that. Secondly, I got only two weeks to work on a huge Economics project which I had to enthusiasm to do.

And thirdly, I could see the unpleasantness coming up.

I was standing by my locker when I noticed Brianna approaching from a distance. She flipped her hair and walked towards me with an arrogant attitude. Nothing unusual.

The only sound echoing was that of her pointed heels on the tiles as she marched forward. When she was finally beside me, she crossed her arms over her chest but kept her mouth shut. It was as if she was waiting for me to speak up first.

Well, too bad, girl. If you're just gonna stand here without saying a word, I'll just pretend you're not actually here!

After a few minutes of being ignored, I could feel the heat of her immense fury radiating from her. These popular kids, I tell you! All they demand is attention! It's like they can't live without it!

"So you're just gonna ignore my presence?!" she snapped as she harshly pushed my locker door so that she could see me.

I held the door before it got closed and asked in very bored tone, "what do you want?" I sighed. She moved to the other side of the locker so that the door was not blocking her from seeing me anymore. For a good while, she just stood there, assessing me with a disgusted look on her face.

"Still plain and boring, I see," she remarked in a voice that made me want to make her swallow her pointed high heels.

"Still fake and dumb, I see," I replied with a smirk. By the look on her face, I could tell that the blood in her veins was boiling and that just made me want to dance with happiness. But wait- did that plastic Barbie doll even have blood and veins?

"I don't even understand why Francisco chose someone like you to be his girlfriend," she spat with an air of disgust.

"Are you done? That's all you had to say?" I asked with a sigh while closing my locker's door and turning to face her. 

"Oh yeah," she started with a smirk. "Heard you and your boyfriend had a fight, huh?"

"Where did you hear that from?"

"I have ears everywhere," she replied proudly. "Looks like your relationship won't be long lasting!"

"We didn't fight. Let's just say I might have hurt his ego."

Before Brianna could add anything else, I smirked and continued in a slightly lower tone, "and that's exactly what he loves about me; the fact that I'm different from all the other girls out there."

I left her standing there, about to explode at anytime and I walked away. It was actually fun to taunt Brianna. I've always hated her because she's always boasting and she takes herself as someone superior just because she's rich and popular. And it was one of the greatest satisfaction to show her that she can't actually get everything she wants.

Well, this whole thing is actually becoming a lot more fun than what I thought.

~~

I was at the restaurant, taking orders and serving customers. Today was busier than yesterday and I did my best to show that I could handle the situation. I could feel the replacing manager's eyes on me all the time, trying to find flaws in what I was doing.

"Hey, we need to talk," Francisco said to me the moment he entered. Did he spend all his time around here or what?!

"Two spring cocktails for table 21 and chicken ravioli for table 53," I called out to the kitchen and turning back to Francisco, I said, "I don't have time right now, in case you didn't notice."

The whole place was completely packed and I felt like I didn't even have a moment to let out a breath. "Good evening, sir, ma'am, what would you like to have?" I asked on reaching another table where customers had just arrived.

"It's important!" Francisco insisted as he stood right behind me while I was waiting for the couple to decide their menu.

"I'm working right now!" I hissed at him as I took the orders at the same time. I repeated what I had written to the two to check if I had taken down the right order and asked if they wanted anything else. They said they were good and I made my way to deliver the order to the kitchen. All the time, Francisco was still after me, insisting to talk to me.

He could be really annoying at times. Honestly, I just wish I could throw him into that huge oven they use to cook pizza!

"I've already told you at least ten times: I have lots of work here and I don't want to hear you! And besides, you're the one who didn't approach me the whole day, so no need to talk now," I snapped after having had enough of tolerating him.

"As you wish, don't come crying with me later on!" he said while walking out of the kitchen.

"And don't you dare come pick me up for school tomorrow!" I called out to him before he was out.

He then walked away from the restaurant itself while I still had lots of work to do.

It was only at 9 p.m. that Mrs Yanny told me that it was quite late and I could go if I wanted since there was not as many customers as earlier. I nodded and thanked her. I entered the exact time I was leaving before going.

It's surprising how I didn't notice how fast the time flew by whilst working. I normally had to work for two to three hours but I had just worked for five hours which meant I had just got seventy five dollars in a day only!

I guess that if I kept working hard, I could get enough to save for my university studies as well. I admit that there was quite some time for it but I still needed to start putting some money aside.

I have the intention of completing my studies, getting a good work with a decent pay and leading a life without having to look back on what I had left behind.

And for that, I had to do my best in everything I was doing and stop getting distracted by useless things.

°•~♡~•°
22/06/19

New chapter! That was kinda boring, I know, and you might find the next upcoming chapters boring too but I'll try my best to spice it up later on✌

🦋Please vote🦋