Chapter 1

Virgil's P.O.V
It's getting tiring, having to walk to school everyday knowing no one there will smile and say hello. No one looks forward to seeing me. I don't get bullied or looked at weirdly but I think it's because I'm invisible. I get to school and go to my normal spot outside the school waiting for the bell to ring. I really wish sometimes that it wouldn't ring. I loved my music and I loved my headphones but we couldn't have them in class. We couldn't even have them at recess or lunch. But of course the bell rang as soon as I got comfortable. I groaned as I walked to home group. The teacher sat down and marked the roll. Then she sat up and said.
"Everyone, we have a new student joining us today."
I looked up and I couldn't believe my eyes. He was the most handsome boy I'd ever seen. I was speechless. He introduced himself as Roman. He then looked for a spare seat and sat with me at the back. He smiled at me.
"Hi, I'm Roman! What's your name?"
"V-Virgil..."
"Well hello Virgil! Are you ok? You look lonely..!"
I wanted to say I'm good and I'm ok. So what did I say?
"I'm gay."
Well fuck... I mean I am gay but still.
"Oh are you now? Haha. I am too."
I made a mistake and it turned into learning something that made me smile.
"I-I mean to say I'm good and I'm ok... b-but yes I am actually g-gay."
"Aww that's cute."
C U T E. . . ? I turned redder than a box of cherries! He laughed.
"Do you have any friends Virgil?"
I shrunk in my seat.
"No, I'm the invisible freak no one likes..."
"Well I don't think you're a freak!"
He pat my shoulder and I winced.
"Sorry!"
"It's o-ok... I'm just.... s-sensitive..."
He frowned. I think he knew what I mean by that....
Then a happy, bouncy student in my class and his serious, smart as fuck boyfriend came over to us.
"Hey! I'm Patton! And this is Logan!"
"Oh hello! Are you guys friends with Virgil..?"
Patton frowned.
"I want to be but I'm not sure if he wants friends..."
I looked up. I smirked and said,
"I want decent people for friends, you guys seem like decent people."
I then explained to them that I want to have friends but it's hard for me to approach people. They smiled and nodded.

The entire day, we were hanging out with each other. Roman, Patton, Logan and me. I was happy around them. I felt something I hadn't felt since...