Descended From Heaven

The world of Spectrum is filled with luscious chromatic fields, all kinds of colors combined and mixed together throughout the plains, lakes, mountains and forests. Exotic flowers, landscapes and animals. The land itself was known as Rosavik, a land of the nords. It's a land that has a mixture of steep mountains and smooth curved hills.

A boy sat near a crooked tree with its trunk leaning near the edge of a cliff, like it is about to fall over, yet its roots are gripped tightly to the ground. He loved the beautiful view of the far away mountains, hills and lakes, so much so that he'd go to the Crooked Tree every day. Fairies, Hummingbirds, Unicorns, Season Deers, rabbits and other nearby spiritual creatures would keep him company.

Then there it was, it all started with a loud sound of a horn. It was so loud that it frightened the boy while the other creatures scurried off. Winds began to rise as the boy's curly blueberry colored hair flailed.

And then from the sky, from the clouds, he could see sparkles of shining material. His sky blue eyes widened in shock as he was witnessing the impossible. It was metallic, something harder than steel.

It shifts, turns and twists. Sounds of 'Clinks and Clanks', 'Vhooshes and 'Vhooms', 'Phimms and Phamms' were heard. The boy has never seen such a magnificent mechanical instrument before. It was almost God-Like.

As the clouds opened up, mechanical pillars descended from the sky. And from these pillars, flew out small, winged vehicles. Another roar of the horn was heard as these pillars hovered above the ground, it's horn causing the hills to shake.

This was nothing like magic that the boy had known about. Something like this to be magic would be illogical. This was something else, something more... A logic beyond his and this world's comprehension.

This was the beginning of what would turn out to be, a Scientific-Fantasy world.

-----------------------------------

Another challenge I did back in the past.
The task was to describe a scenery in either post-apocalyptic , Fantasy or Sci-fi setting.
Meant to help practice writers for describing a scene or the environment in a story.