Flicker

BROOKES POV

BROOKES POV

"Anything look familiar?" He whispered in my ear.

"Not yet" I walked around the inside of the studio.

"I want to show you something" Niall grabbed my hand and took me into a studio with glass doors. He sat me in the chair in front of the switch board and walked into the room in front of it." I could see his mouth moving but couldn't hear what he was saying.

"What?" I yelled back. He laughed and got up against the glass leaving a fogged up breath mark.

"Push the red button" he mouthed slowly enough I could read his lips.

"Oh!" I pushed the red button on the switch board and it lit up.

"Can you hear me?" He bellowed into the microphone.

I shook my head and nodded yes.

"Plug that usb into the front of the switchboard"

I pushed the usb into the port and music started playing. Niall leaned down for his guitar and positioned the microphone to his face.

When you feel your loves been taken
When you know there's something missing
In the dark were barely hanging on
And you rest your head upon my chest
And you feel like their ain't nothing left
I'm afraid that what we had is gone
then I think of the start and it echoes a spark
I remember the magic and electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I want to keep
Please don't leave....
please don't leave.

And I want this to pass
And I hope this won't last, last too long.

Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
And I remember the magic- electricity
Then I look in my heart
There's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope that you first gave to me
That I want to keep
Please don't leave....
Please don't leave.

He dropped the guitar and let it hang off his shoulder.

"Wow, Niall"

"For a while there I really didn't think you were gonna come back to me Brooke" he gulped

I ran inside the studio and embraced him in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry Ni" I let the tears fall down my face I had been holding back.

"Don't cry, it's okay" he held both sides of my cheeks and wiped the tears falling down them.

"Your amazing, you wrote these songs about our relationship and I barely remember it. I'm trying my best to remember."

" I know you are Brooke, it's okay"

"It doesn't feel okay. I feel like a terrible girlfriend"

"You are the farthest thing from that"

"Niall I slept with Damon, I didn't know that you loved me, I couldn't make sense of anything"

"I know, it's okay. It's what felt normal to you. You know now" he kissed me

"You up for hearing another one?"

"There's more?"

"I had to do something with 6 weeks of my time" he laughed "I wrote the whole album about you"

"Slow hands?" I asked

"Especially Slow Hands" He wagged his eyebrows at me.

"Okay, let's hear it!" I giggled

He walked back into the recording room and shut the door. Then he poked his head back out "probably easier if I don't try to talk to you through the glass, push the left arrow on the switchboard twice"

I gave him a thumbs up and a new more upbeat  song came on. It had almost a country vibe to it.

I have seen, seen it all in paper dreams
Watched it unfold on the screen
But I never understood...

I have heard
I've heard you speak a million words
Now your talking to me first
I never though you would
Oh my my you just took me by surprise
And I can't believe my eyes
Oh I must be seeing blind
Oh no I, your too good to be all mine
Now I'm looking in your eyes
Oh I must be seeing blind

He poked his head back out of the studio "hello" he picked up his phone. "Yeah, sorry I'm recording in the studio with Brooke" he smiled in my direction "Next week, yeah... okay" he hung up.

"What was that all about" I walked over to him

"Time to go on tour" he held my hands "Will you please come with me?"

"Where?"

"We're starting in Auckland New Zealand, then Brisbane and Queensland Australia"

"Well Australia was one of our stops anyway wasn't it?" I laughed "of course I will go with you"

"Really?!" He jumped around the room like a little kid on Christmas morning

"Yes, crazy. Will you calm down"

"No! My girlfriend is going on tour with me, I'm excited!"

"Am I the first girl to tour with you?"

"Yep! The very first." He leaned down and kissed the top of my nose. I love when he did that.

"Your music is amazing, people are going to love it" I smiled at him

"You know, you seemed to really like modeling. And you were good at it"

"Really? I don't remember much of that"

"Yeah, you used to light up before a shoot. Why don't you let my publicist work out some stuff so you can get back in the game too"

"Ummm"

"Only if you want to... no pressure. If you want more time"

"My agent has been blowing up my phone for days. I guess I'm just afraid that I'm gonna have to talk about what happened in the car and honestly all I remember you pulling me out and then I blank"

"You don't have to deal with any questions from the press love, I'll protect you"

"Only if you promise"

"I promise"