Dirty Shirley

BROOKE POV

BROOKE POV

"What in the hell is a dirty Shirley?" Niall teased me as the bartender handed me my drink.

" Do you not have Shirley Temples in Ireland?" I asked.

"Shirley Temple like those little red drinks with cherries that wee ones get?" he started laughing really hard now

"Yes. Its grenadine and sprite and cherries" I took a sip.

"But that's not sprite hon." he pointed to my drink

"That is why it is called a dirty shirley, vodka instead of sprite. C'mon dont knock it till you try it." I reached up on the counter and stuck another straw in the cup for him to sip out of. He looked at me hesitantly but dipped his head towards my glass and tasted it.

"Brooke, that is not a proper drink!" he laughed "It taste like girl, cherries and fruit, very sweet."

"It taste like girl?" I laughed

"That's not what I meant, goodness Brooke, ya got a dirty mind" he reached up and touched my head messing up my hair in the process.

"Don't touch the hair" I teased and reached up to push his hair to the side ruining his perfect quaff.

"Oh really? So that's how ya wanna play?" he pinned me up against the bar, his lips just inches from mine. I closed my eyes but instead of being met with a kiss he pushed his bourbon to my lips and tipped the glass till it dripped down my throat.

"That's for making me drink your girls drink" he wagged his eyebrows at me with a big smile on his face.

I stuck my tongue out, "Ekkk that's disgusting!"

" That's because your so used to drinking them weak pink drinks love." he tapped on my glass with his finger. " So this guy your with, he must have fallen in the toilet or something." he laughed

"No idea." I swigged down the rest of my drink and motioned the bartender for another.

"Don't seem like ya care much." he leaned his hand down to put mine in his and suddenly the room went dark. The screen said BBC AWARDS and a time clock of 5 minutes flashed back at us.

" I guess I should go find my seat" I let go of his hand and grabbed my second drink from the bar. "It was nice chatting Niall." I started walking off towards my seat when he pulled my hand back.

"Isn't that the guy you came here with" he pointed across the hall to Jesse who was sitting in a corner table. A blonde cocktail waitress sat on his lap whispering in his ear. He had a few beers in front of him and was clearly tipsy. She reached up and nibbled on his neck as he played with her hair. Niall gritted his teeth and glared at Jesse.

"That's him" I replied. I knew that Jesse and I weren't technically together but I thought the agreement was that I was supposed to be his girlfriend. Kind of hard to put on a show if he hooks up with someone else at the same event.