Chapter Seven

Staring at the bland clock on the cafes wall, the small hand reaches the seven, she's late. Mia. The green eyed beauty I have not been able to get out of my mind, my fingers tap the table impatiently, my hand itching to reach for my phone to call her, just as I am about to give into the temptation the bell tings signalling the opening door and her scent blows in on the night breeze, tropical, like mango and papaya, enough to make my mouth water. Her emerald gaze scans the cafe until they land on me, the pulse in her throat jumps, her eyes wary as she walks slowly but surely towards me, I admire her confidence. I stand as she nears the table, I spy her step falter slightly, frowning I scent a hint of her blood, pulling out her chair, she cautiously sits, a small smile creeps across her face. Taking the seat opposite her I see her visably relax, she shrugs her coat off her shoulders and I notice the bandage wrapped around her arm. It takes all my willpower not to reach across and make sure she is okay but her soft voice brings me back.

"What do you want from me Alex?" Her gaze holds mine captive, her hands shift nervously.

"I want to know why you did it Mia."

"Did what?"

"Steal from me that night."

"I have my reasons. Ones that you don't need to know."

"I don't appreciate people stealing from me."

"Look if you want the money back I will work out some sort of plan with you."

"I didn't say that. Look Mia I want to know why you feel the need to steal."

"Look Alex, I don't need to explain myself to you. Give me a month and I'll replace the money I took. I am sorry for doing it, you seem like a nice guy but I had my reasons and my reasons are my own."

"You will tell me!" I growl, her eyes widen and I see her heartbeat flutter dangerously fast, without another word she pushes away from the table, snatching her coat from the chair she storms back towards the door. Slowly pushing away from the table I follow her into the night, following her she disappears into an alley, curious I follow her, her scent is masked by the dumpsters. I feel a whisper of movement behind me, spinning just as Mia slams me back against the wall, my shock at her bold move freezes me for a moment, I feel the cool metal of the small blade against my throat, her eyes determined and bright.

"Mia ..."

"Stop following me." She hisses, part of me loves this fiery side of her, without warning I smack her hand away, twisting us until I cage her frame against the cold wall, trapping her arms above her head as I lean down to whisper in her ear, as her heart kicks frantically.

"You have no idea what I could do to you." I whisper against her heated skin, her pulse beats against my lip resting on her skin.

"I wish I had let them kill you." She threatens, her body struggling against mine, teeth clashing together.

"No you don't. Not really." I whisper against her skin, smiling.

"Get the fuck off me Alex, I told you I'd pay you back!" Every sharp breath of hers causes her chest to brush against mine, I feel electric shocks at each innocent brush, I can tell by the blush creeping over her skin that she feels it too. Without thinking my palms cup her face and my lips press softly against hers, her scent envelopes me in a warm cocoon, her lips move against mine as her hands tangle in my hair, pulling me taut against her strong, lean frame, I lose myself in her scent, her warmth and the soft movement of her lips as her body responds to my demands. Suddenly she sweeps her leg causing me to stumble before she shoves with all her strength, I hit the floor, surprised at her actions once more before fire suddenly flares from my thigh, I glance down to see a small knife embedded in my leg, clutched in the hands of Mia who is crouched glaring at me.