Chapter 6: Fight It or Hide It

P.O.V Cathia

"Leo..." I called him. He stopped and looked back at me. "Be careful."

He smirked as to tell me that I shouldn't worry about him. Well, yeah. He was right. Why should I worry about him? He always intimidated and scared me. But still... He had talked with that creep and by their discussion, I concluded that they lived in some orphanage together, and he also knows Darren. One more thing, it doesn't seem like they had friendly terms with each other.

"Yes, what now?" Leo said after he shut the car's door behind him.

"Don't pretend to be in a hurry, Leonard. Did you never hear, haste makes waste?" That creepy man was even smiling creepily.

"Yeah, wastes like you." Leo lifted a corner of his lip. That guy's face contorted a little, but he quickly masked it. They were six all total, but I think none of them saw me yet, other than their creepy boss.

"Well, you finally got a girl. I thought you'll never make it. I mean... I thought, no girl would ever like you." 'Oh, crap...!' He gestured towards me and the rest of the gang also looked in the pointed direction, making me sit in an awkward situation.

"It's my headache, not yours that I have a girlfriend or not," Leo snapped back at him.

"Oh, come on now, Leonard. We were friends, right? It's my headache too." He again smiled. Still creepy and chilly. He didn't try hiding the hatred in his eyes.

"We were not friends, pin this in your head. It'll be good for you," Leo pressured every word he said. He was fuming.

"Be easy, Leonard. After all, you've also got a girl with you." He was continuously smiling like Leo was telling him jokes, and I knew his smile was irritating Leo. I knew, how irritated he becomes in seconds. Lifetime experience registered!

"Don't threaten me with a girl. It's been three years, I think you should better remember my temper."

"Why do you think I don't remember that?" He said in a tone like tempting Leo for a fight, "But I'm not here to soothe you."

"Okay then, let's see how far have you gained muscles." Leo was filled with rage, so he jumped on that guy and punched him. Suddenly, all the other gang members moved with a shock and came towards them.

"Stay back! No one's gonna fight with him. Not until I say." He said while pushing Leo aside and standing up, " He's my corrival, my enemy, and my food." Leo was now truly furious, just like when I kidnapped Darren. 'Wait... Is Leo angry with me because I kidnapped his brother? Oh, generous snacks! Seriously?'

Leo unbuttoned his cedar brown color shirt and threw it away. "It's enough! Today I'll close this chapter, once and for good."

Leo again came forward and tried to punch that creep with his left hand, but that creep held his fist. Leo took the chance and punched his stomach with his right fist, making that guy double over.

"I think it's enough for you to remember me!" Leo growled at him and didn't even give him time to recover. He pulled him up from his collar and this time, Leo punched his face.

With the blow, he was thrown down on the street ground. Blood spat out of his mouth as he coughed it. 'Is he this much weak that he can't even cover two blows?' I thought, but I couldn't possibly guess. What I could guess was, that my life was going to change now being with Leo and Darren, and Caitlin and Evelyn. The guarantee was right in front of me.

"Enough!! Rip him apart if you can!" He said in between shallow breaths. And all the other gang members pounced on Leo.

Leo was defending himself, but what could he do in front of six well-trained war dogs? He was fighting with them and they were punching him continuously. But the thing that influenced me was that he wasn't giving up. He was cursing and fighting back continuously.