Hot Topic (Dallon Weekes)

(Takes place during the Brobecks era)
Your POV

I carefully folded a Paramore shirt someone had left in the dressing room. I swear people don't care where they leave these band T's. This is the fifth one I've picked up today. I guess anyone who works at a retail store struggles with this problem. But hey, it was either here or Spencer's and to be honest, that place kinda freaks me out. At least here, I know my way around the place from shopping here so much. I walk out of the dressing room, putting the shirt back in its place. A few guys with guitars enter the store. I mentally slap myself, realizing I totally forgot about the in-store show today. My manger struts up to me, looking like she's gonna punch me.

"Oh my god Y/N! I told you to set up the store for them!" She whisper shouts, so they don't hear her. She turns around to see them waving. She awkwardly waves back, smiling, then turns to me again. "If you don't get your shit together in ten minutes, I won't hesitate to fire you!" With that, she runs to the front of the store to greet them. Damn, she sucks. Shouldn't she have said something earlier? Did it not concern her in the least bit when she didn't see me moving things around for the band? I grip my fists at my sides out of anger, releasing them with a deep breath. I have to go get some chairs for them, so I head to the back to grab some. 

I pull about five chairs out to get started. Shit, these are heavy. I drag them across the store, pulling them to the front. I stop for a second, huffing. My manager doesn't bat an eye at me and still talks to the band standing a couple feet away from me. "Ummm... Maris..." I try to get my manager's attention, still breathing heavily. I mean, someone has to help me. 

"What, Y/N? I'm busy." She barks at me, making me roll my eyes. Maris is always out here making me look like a maid. 

"I can see that, but I need help." I try to keep calm, but I should throw a chair at her. The guys from the band turn to me, looking empathetic. The guy who seems to be the lead singer, puts his guitar down behind him. The first thing I notice is his eyes. They're so blue and bright. He's also really tall. 

"I can help." He smiles, offering a hand. I let him take one of the many chairs from me. Finally, someone's not treating me like a piece of trash.

"That's ok. You don't need to do that. She's got it." Maris tries to stop him, placing a hand on his shoulder. Ughhh. She loves to torture me, doesn't she? I don't know what her problem is. This sweet guy wants to do something as simple as help me with the chairs and she says no. Typical. 

"No, I want to." He moves his shoulder away from her. She scoffs, walking away. Justice serves itself I guess. We start setting up the chairs together, placing them in a semicircle for the fans coming to see the band. "I'm Dallon by the way." He stops for a second, breaking the comfortable silence of MCR playing in the background.

"Y/N." I flash him a friendly smile, continuing my work. 

"Well, Y/N, is there any way you'd like to grab coffee after the show?" I can tell saying this makes him nervous. Seems kind of out of character for lead singers, who are always so charismatic and confident, not that he's not those things too. 

"Sure." This would be the point of the conversation where I would want to squeal, but I try and play it cool. I mean, he's so nice and not to mention gorgeous. He puts a chair down walking over to me. What's he doing?

"Thanks." He gives me a hug making me give him a confused smile. I'm pretty sure I'm the one who should be saying thanks. This guy is so adorable I swear. 

A/N below...

 A/N- Hello there my lovelies. I've been gone for what seems like forever. I've been really busy lately. Summer's been pretty crazy already. So, this book is in fact going to be updated less often sadly. Believe me, if I had the time I'd update everyday. Also, I'm kinda tired of writing fics where the characters aren't already together, but if you can give me your opinion on that it would be awesome. Also I'm taking requests again, but more specifically just for people and not so much for stories. It's mainly cause I don't want to let anyone down lol. Anyways, you guys are the best for 2k reads. Like what?! How? I always thought my writing was kinda shit, but I guess most of us think that. Just remember I'm also here to talk to anyone who needs it. I may be your local Wattpad writer, but I'm also here as a friend. Also, you guys are hella special and don't forget that.