Un Petit Problème

I was admiring the hefty sum of money that had just hit my account from the Norton operation. Judging by the numbers, our poor friend did not want those photos to leak to the press. I chuckled into my wine glass as I leaned against the kitchen counter. Katie Killjoy would have had one hell of a field day with those. 

Just as I was turning to take a shower, there was a knock at the door. Sighing, I drained the last of my wine and went to open it. Alastor stood on the other side, his wide Cheshire grin plastered all over his face. Leaning against the door frame, I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"How the hell do you know where I live?" I asked.

"We have a problem." Alastor ignored my question, stepping inside without invitation.

"Um, excuse you?" My eyes followed him as I shut the door, "What the hell do you mean we have a problem?"

Alastor spun on his heel to face me again, still grinning like a maniac, "Apparently Norton hired someone to trace the money he wired me."

"You didn't use any encrypted software or offshore accounts?" I hissed, "Please at least tell me you spoofed your MAC address." Alastor just gave me a blank stare in reply.

"Jesus Christ on a cracker!" I swore, throwing my hands in the air, "I thought you were a fucking professional!" 

"I am!" Alastor retorted, "This is a first for me."

"You got sloppy," I hissed at him, storming up to the red demon and poking an accusing finger into his chest, "And now our asses are in hot water. So, what's the damage?"

"Just some amateur hit-man." Alastor grinned at me, "Only a minor problem."

"Still a problem." I said, shaking my head as I flopped down onto the couch. In all my time in this line of business, I had never encountered anything like this. 

"Do you know who is coming after us?" I finally asked, peering up at him. Alastor's Cheshire grin was gone now. 

"Someone by the name of Jasper Knight." He replied. I nodded, getting to my feet and grabbing my jacket.

"Well," I said matter of factually, "Let's go find this Jasper Knight and solve this problem."