Chapter 29 - Just Leave

You drink more than you used to, Fell in love how could you, Trust your heart like only fools do, Go on let it bleed, You smoked ten now it's twenty, Bet you wish you never met me, To stick around you must be crazy, Go on let it bleed, I told you never to get used to me, I still wake when you fall asleep, I'm a whole lot of trouble, We're in a whole lot of trouble, I told you you should never follow me, But here we are, and you're in too deep, I'm a whole lot of trouble, We're in a whole lot of trouble

You shout louder than you used to, And you hold on tighter in the bedroom, Stick around like I'mma change soon, Go on let it bleed, As you stand there trying to save me, Use your head and baby leave me, Gonna take much more than a heart to save me, Go on let it bleed, I told you never to get used to me, I still awake when you fall asleep, I'm a whole lot of trouble, We're in a whole lot of trouble,
I told you you should never follow me, But here we are, and you're in too deep, I'm a whole lot of trouble, We're in a whole lot of trouble,

Run away now, Turn your back on me, Or you’ll be praying for the strength to live, I told you never to get used to me, I still wake when you fall asleep, I’m a whole lot of trouble, We’re in a whole lot of trouble, I told you you should never follow me, But here we are, and you're in too deep, I'm a whole lot of trouble, We're in a whole lot of trouble

‘You see this is what you’re signing up for when you get involved with me, trouble and even more trouble’ I whispered. ‘That’s not true’ he sighed shaking his head. ‘It is, all I am is trouble. You can leave right now if you like, I know you’re only here because you don’t want to upset me’ I mumbled. ‘That’s not true, I really want to be here. I’m not going anywhere, I’m staying here whether you like it or not’ he sulked sitting down in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest. ‘I want you to stay here’ I whispered sitting on his lap. ‘I’ll definitely stay here then’ he whispered stroking my hair slowly. ‘You can go back to the hotel and get some sleep if you like’ I whispered. ‘No, I want to stay here with you. I want to be here with you the whole time. I’m not leaving for no one’ he whispered.

The door creaked open but I didn’t care who it was, I couldn’t take my eyes off Jamie. ‘Ms. Gallagher the police are here to talk to you’ the nurse informed me. The heavy boots pounded along the lino, approaching me gradually. ‘Do you want to go somewhere private or talk here?’ the soft voice called, holding out his hand. I looked up at the handsome Australian, whose eyes were shimmering in the dark. ‘Leyton?’ I croaked. ‘Nice to see you again Maisie’ he replied with a smile. Nathan’s grip on my waist tightened pulling me back into reality. ‘Can we stay here please? I’d prefer if Nathan was here with me the whole time’ I croaked back sitting upright against Nathan’s shoulder. ‘Sure’ Leyton moaned pulling up a chair beside us. ‘I’d just like to ask you a couple of questions if that’s okay?’ he asked politely opening a clean page in his notepad before unveiling a pen in his shirt pocket. ‘You don’t have to talk if you don’t want to’ Nathan whispered in my ear, placing my hair behind my ear. ‘Only answer what you’re comfortable answering and remember, I’ll be here with you the whole time. I’m not going anywhere unless you want me to, I promise’ he added. I pecked him lightly on the cheek before focussing on Leyton.

He had anger in his eyes, like he was mad about something. He pouted like a model before fixating his gaze on Nathan. ‘Keep your hands off her you little back stabbing fucker!’ he spat pointing his pen at Nathan. ‘Whaa-at?’ Nathan stuttered staring at me. ‘Don’t listen to him Nath, he’s just jealous’ I ordered before turning to Leyton. ‘You may be a police officer but that gives you know right to tell someone what to do. You have no idea what happened between us so I want you to stay out of my personal life unless you want a legion of angry girls after you. Now anyway, you’re here to ask me questions about my daughter so please do your job properly and just get on with it’ I spat insulted. Leyton huffed before reading the questions off his notepad. ‘Can you explain what happened in your hotel room earlier today?’ he mumbled. ‘I returned to the hotel with Jamie before putting her to sleep. I myself dosed off and when I woke up, there Joey was beside me. He edged towards Jamie and began interacting with her. I told him to back off but he refused. He cut me with his knife, then he raped me. He called Nathan and told him that there was someone on his way over and that he was not going to make it out alive. But he did and he turned up at the hotel. When Joey saw him he fled but with Jamie’ I explained. ‘And that’s the last you saw of them until now?’ he asked. I nodded. ‘Did he say where they were going?’ he asked. ‘No, he just said that I’d never see Jamie again’ I sobbed, it finally hitting me that she was in a critical condition. My baby is dying Nath’ I sobbed into his chest. ‘Ssshhh’ he whispered rubbing my back. ‘She’ll make it out alive. She’s strong like her mother’ he whispered. ‘Um, that’s enough for now. I can see you’re very upset but I’ll come back soon. Maisie, if you need anything just call me. You have my number’ he sighed before the door slammed shut.

Not long after he left, an unwanted visitor turned up. ‘I’ll get rid of him’ Nathan sighed before leaving. I watched them have a fun on argument outside the room. Joey looked mad but Nathan looked angry. His face was turning red and every now and again he would take a step towards Joey. ‘Someone’s going to get hurt’ I mumbled to myself. ‘I need to stop this before someone throws a punch.’ ‘Joey, you have 10 seconds to leave’ I spat standing in front of Nathan. ‘Babe, don’t worry I can sort this out’ Nathan whispered. ‘It’s fine Nath, I don’t want you getting hurt’ I shrugged. ‘No Mais, I don’t want you getting hurt’ he whispered. ‘Joey just leave before anyone gets hurt. I’m sure that police officer is still around and wouldn’t mind escorting you out of the building’ Nathan spat. ‘Fine, but this isn’t the last you’ve heard from me’ Joey mumbled before leaving without a fight.

‘Come on babe’ he whispered bringing me back inside. ‘You look tired, maybe you should sleep for a while’ he suggested. ‘I don’t want to miss anything’ I whispered. ‘I’ll wake you if anything happens’ he replied. I thought for a little while unsure of what to do but my eyes became droopy so all I could do was accept his offer. He pulled me into his lap as I cuddled into his chest.

‘I’m sorry Maisie, but Jamie didn’t make it through. She passed away. I’m very sorry. I know this is a tough time for both of you so I’m going to leave you too alone’ the doctor explained. ‘Why didn’t you wake me?’ I spat at Nathan. ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry’ he mumbled shaking his head. The tears were streaming down his face. ‘I’m sorry’ I sobbed holding onto his body. ‘Please just make the pain go away’ I pleaded. ‘Please, please, please’ I mumbled into his chest.

I woke up in a cold sweat as Nathan’s found began vibrating. ‘Sorry, I didn’t mean for it to wake you’ he whispered concentrating on the text that he had just received. ‘It’s fine, I was having a bad dream anyway. How is it?’ I asked yawning. ‘Tom. He says that they’re leaving for New Zealand in a few hours and says that they’ll fly me out in the next few days. They want me to be here with you for a while’ he explained holding me tightly. ‘Nath, you should go. I don’t want you to disappoint the fans’ I whispered. ‘But I want to stay here with you. The fans are so sweet that they’ll understand’ he shrugged. ‘No Nath, please go. The fans will be very disappointed. It’s not fair if there’s just the four’ I smiled. ‘Are you sure? Promise me if you need anything or anything changes you’ll ring me so I can come straight back, okay?’ he asked. ‘Okay, now go’ I signalled pointing to the door. ‘Okay, see you later’ he whispered kissing my forehead lightly. ‘Bye’ I whispered once the door was closed. ‘Please don’t leave me’ I mumbled before turning to face Jamie. ‘Looks like it’s just the two of us kiddo.’

I held her hand softly for over an hour praying that everything would be okay, but it didn’t seem likely. She had made it through the night though, which was something to smile about. Maybe things with Jamie were going to turn out for the best from there on. They possibly couldn’t be getting any worse. My head shot in the direction of the door as it creaked open. ‘I thought I told you to go earlier?’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song at the start is Trouble by Leona Lewis. The lyrics don't fit Maisie and Nathan exactly, but I do love the song, it's amazing! 5 votes 5 comments for the next chapter?

Comment )

Vote :)

Fan )

Rachael :) xx