Chapter 13 - Ticket Trouble

‘Can you get a ferry to Australia?’ I whispered pacing the floors while Nathan chatted to Big Kev (even though he wasn’t supposed to seeing as though he was on the plane) about catching the next available flight. Jamie was becoming restless, her medicine beginning to wear off. Nathan looked stressed. He was starting to get fidgety, his face was pale and the tears were beginning to build up in his eyes. He hung up abruptly before throwing himself down on the chair. The tears slowly begin to trickle gently down his cheeks. ‘What’s up Nath?’ I asked sitting down beside him. My free hand drifted around his shoulder before he gently laid his head on my shoulder. ‘We might not make it there in time for the gig. I’m letting all the fans down. There’s one fan who tweeted me to tell me she’s travelling all the way from Asia just to come to the gig. The fans will hate me. They spend so much time and effort trying to get to our performances and once they do it’s a once in a life time opportunity for some of them. They’ve paid to see five of us but it looks like there will only be four there’ he sobbed. ‘I’m sure Big Kev knows all your lines by now Nath. Surely he can fill in, I mean it can’t be hard’ I teased trying to lighten the mood. ‘Poor Kev, he’d probably seen out of tune’ he replied smiling a little. ‘How long do you have until the gig?’ I enquired. He studied his watch momentarily before replying with 17 hours approximately. ‘We can make it there in time for the gig. It’s takes 13 hours to get there so if we try and get the next flight we could make it in time. We have no bags to check in seeing as though they’re already on their way to Australia and you can get Kev to send a car to the airport. We will do this Nathan, I promise’ I explained sternly. ‘Okay so what are we waiting for?’ he asked standing up and drying his tears. Jamie was now cradled in his arms as we began the long journey from Singapore to Australia.

The countdown began. We had 17 hours and counting to get to the venue in Sydney in time for The Wanted’s performance.  The first challenge was greeted immediately as we searched the airport for the ticket office. We scurried down four flights of stairs, took three elevators, ran down five corridors and asked directions from two different airport attendants. We didn’t realise how big the airport actually was, but it did make sense seeing as though it serves the majority of the Singaporean (I think that’s right, I’m not 100% sure) population. The ticket woman stood gracefully in her red uniform behind the high desk as we approached. ‘Hey’ Nathan greeted quickly laying his hands down in front of him on the desk, which was almost the same height as him. ‘We need two tickets, well three tickets on the next available flight to Sydney please Madam’ he asked as politely as he could in this situation. ‘Sure thing Sir’ she smiled her accent evident. ‘Our next flight is…’ she informed us typing on the computer. ‘This time tomorrow’ she continued with a smile. ‘Damn, that’s too late’ Nathan whispered turning to me before lightly stomping his leg on the ground. ‘It’ll have to do Nath’ I sighed rubbing his arm gently. ‘Yeah okay, we’ll take it’ he sighed handing over his credit card. ‘Passports please’ the woman asked. Nathan handed over all three of our passports before hiding his head in his hands. ‘Wait, you’re Nathan Sykes?’ she asked in shock. ‘Yeah’ he whispered lifting his head to meet her gaze. ‘As in Nathan Sykes from The Wanted?’ she asked. ‘Yeah’ he repeated a little annoyed. ‘Is your trip an urgent one?’ she asked peering over the desk at us. ‘I have to perform in just over 16 and a half hours’ he sighed. ‘In that case Mr Sykes, I can get you three first class tickets on the next flight which happens to leave in 20 minutes once you promise I can have a picture and an autograph from you?’ she ordered. ‘DEAL!’ I squealed, kissing Nathan’s cheek before blushing. ‘Awkward’ I mumbled under my breath, not loud enough for Nathan to hear. His eyes light up in delight like he had been waiting for that moment all his life. Saying that though, he may have just been really happy to be getting on a flight to Australia possibly just in time to perform. ‘How many bags have you got to check in?’ she sighed typing on the keyboard. ‘None’ he replied sternly. ‘Okay, I can print your boarding passes here to save you some time’ she giggled for some weird reason, maybe it was the delight of meeting Nathan that was getting to her head. The printer under her desk began beeping furiously before she bent down and picked up numerous pieces of paper which we presumed to be our boarding passes. She handed them to Nathan, wrapped up in our passports before magically making a biro appear out of thin air.

‘Can you sign these bad boys please?’ she asked pulling down her top, to show just the top of her chest. She checked to see if there was anyone looking before pulling her bra down the whole way, putting her assets on show. ‘Woah’ Nathan whispered ‘Are yours like those?’ he whispered in my ear making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. ‘You’ll see later on’ I winked. ‘I’ll take you up on that offer’ he winked back with a cheeky smile before hesitantly signing her chest. ‘What have I done?’ I mumbled under my breath. Part of my brain was saying, ‘Maisie what are you thinking? You’re leading Nathan on and that’s the complete opposite of what you want to do’ while the other part was saying ‘Maisie go for it. Nathan’s a good guy he’s not going to hurt you. He obviously cares very much about both you and Jamie, he only wants what’s best for you both. ‘Here babe, I hope your photography skills are up to date’ she spat before handing me her camera phone to take a picture. I held onto Jamie with my left hand, while struggling to press the capture button on her phone with my other. Who knew taking a picture while cradling a sleeping baby could be so much hard work? Nathan quickly escaped with his dignity in tact after a quick peck on the cheek before we headed off.

‘Thank God she put those things away for the photo. I mean, I love boobs it’s just I didn’t want a picture of me and a topless girl being leaked on Twitter. If it was you I wouldn’t say no, but it wasn’t so’ he smiled playfully nudging me. I just nodded in consideration. ‘Maisie, what’s up? Is there something you want to talk about because if there is, I have no problem listening. We may have only met a few days ago, but I still care about you and Jamie’ he shrugged putting his arm around my shoulder. ‘Oh it’s nothing, I think I might be in shock after seeing her boobs. I also think that I may need a boob job. I’ve always had small boobs but I think they just keep on shrinking’ I admitted looking down at my flat chest. That wasn’t the real reason I was a little upset, but it was true about wanting a boob job. Growing up I was always flat chested unlike my sister. I used to be called a ‘boy’ or a ‘cross dresser’ by my school mates even though it was obvious that I was a girl. I finally hit puberty a year or two back (it was fair to say I was a little late out of the blocks) and they finally appeared but after having Jamie they disappeared again. ‘You’re perfect the way you are and don’t you let anyone say otherwise okay?’ he warned bending down to my height which was a little smaller than his own height. He stared deep into my eyes without blinking. Our faces were close, so close that not even a pin divided us. He stared hopeful at my lips before biting his bottom one before doing exactly what I had wanted for the previous few days. He leaned in closer and before we knew it our lips were moving in sync. I kissed Nathan James Sykes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH! THEY KISSED! This is probably the last chapter I'll update with before I go back to school on Wednesday :( I might start writing it soon, depends on how far I get with my other fanfics! I got a new phone so I'll see if I can write them there where I'm at school that is if I don't get caught but I will try do a chapter every two days during the week! :) 3 votes and I'll start the chapter :P

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachii :)