Chapter 16 - Drinks

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others. Thinking back, I made the wrong decision in telling Nathan that I only wanted to be friends with him when all I really wanted was to be more than that. I tried to convince myself that it was all for Jamie’s benefit when in actual fact it was all because I didn’t want to get hurt again. Over and over again I kept telling myself that we couldn’t be together because it would all end in heart ache for both Jamie and I but the real reason was that I couldn’t, deep down, find the will to trust someone like I did with Joey. Telling myself that Nathan was going to hurt us and not care about us was wrong when in actual fact it’s the opposite. I’ve never seen someone care about another man’s child after knowing them for just over three days, but Nathan was amazing. I guess watching him with Jamie made me like him even more.

I snapped out of my day dream just in time to catch the boys opening song on stage. They were performing some acoustic tracks for a select few people who had won a competition on the local radio station to come to the gig and luckily Nathan had made it in time to perform. No matter how hard I tried to tune in properly to what they were singing, it didn’t work as the memory kept flooding back.

‘I’ll get changed in the bathroom’ I informed him so he could change into his clothes for the gig. My outfit really didn’t change much from the plane. I replaced the black tracksuit bottoms with a black pair of leggings and slipped on a pair of pink sandals to match my top. Comfort was always the way to go. There was no need for make-up seeing as though I wouldn’t be seen on camera, or so I thought! Knowing that Nathan was changing in the next room, I opened the door before peeping my head around to see how he was getting on. There he was with his six pack and muscly arms on display for the world to see, only it was just us two in the hotel suite. Just before he could turn around to face me, I quickly shut the door before cherishing the sight I had just witnessed.

The boys acoustically sang their way through a set of three songs, All Time Low, Glad You Came and Chasing The Sun before answering some questions before leaving. ‘Hey Maisie, what are you doing now?’ Nathan asked linking hands with me as we left for the van. ‘Going back to the hotel to free Nareesha of her baby sitting duties, why do you ask?’ I enquired looking at the ground. ‘I was just wondering if you’d like to come for a drink with me, not as a date or anything, just as friends’ he shrugged with a small smile. ‘Sure I’d like that’ I replied stupidly pulling my hoody closer to my chest trying to hide the fact that my heart was pounding through my chest, not realising that he couldn’t physically see my heart. ‘Cool, I’ll pick you up from your room around seven?’ he asked studying his watch. ‘Um Nathan, we share a same room’ I pointed out. ‘Oh yeah’ he laughed.

He helped me into the back of the van as we headed back to the hotel. Nathan was a little fidgety although he had a massive smile on his face as he tapped away quickly on his phone. Whoever he was texting must have been extremely interesting as he couldn’t take his eyes off the phone as his laugh echoed loudly around the van. ‘Baby Nath is in a good mood today, did you two kiss or something?’ Jay whispered leaning in. ‘No, why would we have kissed?’ I whispered back giggling. ‘Oh no reason’ he mumbled trying to hide his smile.

By the time we pulled up outside the hotel I had a headache from his constant laughing. As much as I loved his life, it could be irritating if you hear for a full thirty minutes none stop. ‘Hey’ he sang as he skipped past me in the hall. He was already inside and lying down on his back texting when I got inside our room. ‘So how about we go out for a drink now?’ he asked sitting up but still looking at his phone. ‘Now? I’ll need a few minutes to get ready and anyway I need to ask Nareesha if she’ll take care of Jamie for a little while longer’ I told him. ‘Okay how about you go and get ready and I’ll wait for you below? How does that sound?’ he suggested. ‘Okay, I’ll be down in a few’ I sighed rushing for the bathroom. I locked myself in before sliding down the door to plan my outfit. I didn’t want to look too over- dressed but I didn’t want to look too casual either. I had the perfect outfit!

I looked at myself in the mirror holding down the blue shirt in with my right hand. Maybe it wasn’t the perfect outfit after all. I glanced at the clock on the wall before realising that I really needed to go, so the blue shirt, denim shorts and brown sandals I was in was going to have to do. I jogged down the hallway to Siva and Nareesha’s room before knocking gently. ‘Hey babe! You here for Jamie?’ she asked inviting me in. ‘No, I’m not just yet, but I was wondering if you could take care of her for a while? I’m going for a few drinks with Nathan now and well it’s not really a place for a small baby’ I explained. ‘Oh, someone’s got a boyfriend!’ she began to sing. ‘He’s not my boyfriend Nareesha! We’re just good friends’ I scoffed. ‘Uh huh! Go enjoy yourself girly and I’ll take care of Jamie until the morning. I’m sure you two love birds want some space’ she teased poking my sides. ‘Oh haha’ I sighed. ‘Thanks!’ I called running out the door and down the stairs to the restaurant.

The place was full of highly qualified Australian and British businessmen, displaying their well off sides by wearing tailored suits, while tapping away at Ipad’s and laptops. I searched around for Nathan before spotting him up at the bar. I really hoped that my eyes were deceiving me…..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's been a naughty boy! What's the betting he's drunk?! We'll soon find out how much trouble he's in but for now it's goodbye! I'll talk to you in two days! Can I get 4 votes before I return?

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachii :) xx