Feel Better?

A/N: Oh............ my.................. god. It's.......... it's........... IT'S AN UPDATE!! I UPDATED!! HOLY SHIT WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?! How did I manage to update after such a long time?! Ah, who cares? I UPDATED!! And here it is all from Marcus' perspective. Enjoy!

Crashing. Banging. Smashing. I had awoken to different sounds of things being broken in the house. I had no idea what was happening or who was doing it. Kyle, the man I share the house with, was supposed to be at his parent’s house for the holidays. So who on Earth was breaking all the items in my home? I quietly rolled out of bed and grabbed the metal bat I always kept next to my bedroom door. I only have it there since I played baseball in high school and could never get rid of the thing.

I slowly crept towards the sounds which seemed to be coming from the kitchen. The light pouring from the doorway was also an indication that there was indeed someone there. I crept towards the doorway and stopped before taking in a deep breath. The sounds seemed to have stopped for the time being so that means whoever is here must be taking a break. Not a very good robber.

I peeked inside the kitchen and saw a figure by the sink. I couldn’t see his face but as I stared I noticed that his shoulders were shaking. Is he… crying? Why would a burglar be crying? As quietly as possible I crept into the kitchen and towards the figure. I raised the bat over my head but before I could bring it down, the man brought his head up and rubbed at his eyes. I’d know that shaggy brown hair anywhere.

“Kyle?!” The man turned around and it was indeed Kyle, eyes puffy and still producing tears. He silently cursed and began to rub furiously at the falling tears. I stood there trying to comprehend the reason why Kyle is here and not with his parents. I stood there, the bat now resting at my side as I waited for Kyle to explain. “S-sorry. Did I wake you?” Did he wake me he asks.

“Not at all since I’m used to the sounds of things shattering in my home.” I should probably be trying to comfort him instead of using sarcasm but I was able to produce a chuckle from Kyle. He finally turned to look at me with red, bloodshot eyes. “Sorry about that. I sort of lost my temper.” I looked around the kitchen where broken plates and shattered glass was strewn about the floor near the cupboards. “Sort of?”

Another chuckle but more sad this time. I looked at Kyle and only then did I notice the small cuts on his hands. “You’re bleeding.” Kyle looked down at his hands and frowned. “I hadn’t noticed.” I rolled my eyes and told him to go to the living room while I got some bandages and alcohol. He did just that and we sat in silence as I cleaned up his hands then used a rag to wipe off what little blood had gotten on his face.

When I was finished, I cleaned up the shards of glass and plate in the kitchen before joining Kyle on the couch. “So what happened to make you lose your temper like that?” I had a fifty percent chance of him actually telling me or brushing me off. I was lucky and Kyle explained to me everything that happened at his parent’s house.

“I had arrived not long after everyone else. We were all eating, drinking, just generally having a good time. Then Emily, my brother’s girlfriend-“

“The slut?” Kyle looked at me with a blank face before nodding with a small laugh. “She suddenly got all touchy-feely with me while my brother was playing cards with our dad. I was trying to fend her off since I’m not into girls but she kept persisting and I had finally had enough. I pushed her and shouted that I didn’t like her and that I was gay. As you know, I hadn’t told my family yet and was planning to when the right time came. But it all happened so fast that my father got angry and my brother started yelling at me for pushing Emily that I left before anything else happened.” I sat there, taking in every word before finally speaking.