Behind The Mask {Oneshot}

A/N: Thanks to the spirit of Halloween I decided to write this little oneshot. This is all from Tommy's perspective. Enjoy!

I dodge yet another child dressed in some colorful outfit as he runs past me to catch up with his mom. I smile at how cute he looks before continuing on my way towards Tracey's house. She decided it would be fun to have a party where everyone from our high school dressed up as something they weren't. To make things more interesting, she required that we wear a mask.

I decided to dress up as Vega from Street Fighter but instead of going out with my chest bare for display I put on a white buttoned shirt. I'm not exactly built like Vega so I had to add a little bit more to the costume. Checking my clothes and adjusting Vega's mask slightly, I walked up to Tracey's house, the already blaring music making my ears ring, and knocked on the door. It flew open and there stood Tracey in a Red Riding Hood costume with a red mask in her hand to cover the top half of her face.

When she saw me, she immediately began to take in my costume before looking straight at the mask. "I'll take a guess. Tommy?" I lifted up the mask and smiled at her. "How did you know?"

"Really? You're like, the only guy I know who can't let go of Street Fighter. Also the only guy whose hair is the same color and almost the same length as Vega's so it wasn't that hard." I rolled my eyes and slipped the mask back on before entering the two-story house. I looked around and took in everything as I moved about the house.

Different people were piled in the rooms, each costume they had on paired with a mask that was either picked out or came with what they bought. I saw a man in a sailor costume, the mask that had been chosen completely white with a couple of feathers near one of the eyes. A girl was wearing an almost skimpy pirate outfit with a bandana over her mouth. Every person I saw had some sort of mask or piece of cloth covering half their face or all of it.

As I looked around, I noticed a pair of bright blue eyes staring at me from behind a midnight black mask with fuzz on the edges. The man was dressed in a vampire costume on account of the flowing red and black cape that hung just above the floor. His dark brown hair was slicked back and even from where I was standing I had taken notice of the white make up that covered his face and neck to give him a sort of dead look.

"It can't be." I had whispered to myself as I continued to stare into those eyes. The thought of going over to the man and confirming my suspicion crossed my mind but before I could, the music stopped and everyone went to where Tracey was standing in the middle of the floor. She held up a mic to her lips, the mask now covering her eyes.

"Alright everyone! We're going to play a game some of you helped make up called Behind the Mask. I want everyone to grab a slip of paper and write your character's name on it. An example is if you're dressed and the Big Bad Wolf then write that on the paper. They're going to be collected in this hat and I'm going to distribute them around. Whoever you get will be the person you're paired up with. One of you will have to guess who the other is and if you're right then you get a prize. If you're wrong, then oh well. Everyone understand?"

A chorus of yeses were heard and everyone grabbed a slip of paper before writing something on it then dropping it in the hat. When we had all finished, Tracey took the hat and mixed in the papers before letting each person take a paper. I looked at mine and read the name. Sexy Vampire? Who put sexy vampire on their paper? I didn't have time to think it over since Tracey was now standing there with an empty hat.

"Alright. Now I'm going to point at you and whoever I point at comes up here and says the name of the person on their paper. That person will stand here and you have to guess who they are. Also, close guesses still get a prize. Now our first guesser will be... you." She points at the man I saw earlier in the sailor suit and he goes to stand where she is. He reads off the name on the paper and another man in a doctor's costume stands in front of him.