The Art Assistant

Request: If possible, could the main character be the seme but also he's quite shy and not a playboy. He's popular but he's not big headed and he's kind and generous. Anyway, he goes to pick up his little sister from her art classes and he bumps into a guy from his high school. The guy (cute and is the uke) is also really shy (they make a cute couple). He helps out at the guy's sister's art classes and they hit it off. (The first guy isn't gay at first, but when he sees the guy when he gets his sister, he feels like he fell in love. Other guy is gay and actually has a crush on him, but thought that because he was an art enthusiast and the other guy was popular, that he wouldn't stand a chance).

Requested By and Dedicated To: xxInYourBedxx

Ricky

Parking my car, I stepped out and made my way into the art building. I passed by different people, all holding paints and brushes, a couple with an actual canvas under their arm. A few said hi as I passed them so I would only smile and nod. I wasn't very good at talking to people I didn't know so I liked to keep things simple. I finally found the room my sister said she was in and opened the door. It was like an art museum in here! Different paintings and drawings covered the white walls. Brushes and paints were neatly lined up on the table on the far wall. Canvases and canvas holders crowded the floor, all surrounding what looked like a small stage which had a few different objects on it. I think one of them was a shoe and a hat. Weird.

No one seemed to be in here except for my sister and... a guy? He seemed to be helping her paint the different objects on the small stage. They had their backs to me so I'm sure they didn't know I was here. I knocked on the wall lightly, not really wanting to be rude, and both of them turned around. Alice smiled when she saw me. "Hi Ricky! Just give me a moment to finish this then we'll go ok?"

 I nodded and looked at the guy who was staring at me and an immediate blush crept onto my cheeks. He was... cute. He had sky blue eyes that hid behind thin, red-rimmed glasses and brown hair with blonde highlights. I usually don't go for guys but he's... different somehow. And he seems kind of familiar. Alice speaking then pulled me from my thoughts. "So you were teaching me about not using such big strokes Nelson?" Nelson? Why does that name sound familiar? He then turned back to Alice and went back to instructing her. I watched as he helped her paint, Alice not doing a bad job but even I could tell there were a few things wrong with her painting.

All the while they were working on her painting, I kept trying to remember where I heard the name Nelson before. Nelson, Nelson, Nelson, Nelson, Nel-. "I'm ready Ricky!" I came crashing back down to Earth as soon as I heard my sister's voice, pulling me from trying to figure out where I heard Nelson before. Alice was standing in front of me, a smile on her face along with a bit of paint. It was cute looking and I couldn't help but laugh a bit while she just cocked her head at me, confused. "What is it?"

"You have paint on your face."

"I do?! Just wait while I clean it off." She walked over to the small sink where the paints and brushes were and began to get the paint off. I looked over at the guy who seemed to be putting away supplies. If I can't figure it out myself then I might as well go ask him. I walked over to him but he hadn't noticed me until I spoke. "Excuse me." He turned, setting those bright blue eyes into mine and I just seemed to stiffen. I felt nervous for some reason but why? "Can I help you?" His voice was soft and had a sort of comforting tone to it. Wait, focus on the questions, not the boy. Yea, that's easy. Not. "Uh, yea. Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Well we do go to the same high school and have the same classes so I would hope so." Eh? The same school? And the same classes? I thought for another moment before finally remembering where I heard that name before. He was the kid who always sat near the back of the class, not really drawing attention to himself except for when the teacher would call out his name for role call. How did I not notice before? But what was he doing here at an art studio. Maybe he works here? Might as well ask. "So, do you work here or something?"