Would you - ehm - go out with me?

It was a normal Tuesday and I was on my way to town to meet a few friends. We wanted to go shopping – what else? My friends thought I could need some distraction because I didn’t leave the house for a week. But there is a reason for that. A reason with brown eyes, dark hair and a smile to die for. Dan Howell. I had a crush on him for more than a year but he just doesn’t seem to be into me like that. It’s so frustrating.

“Hey, Y/N, over here.” My friends are already waiting for me in front of our favorite shop.

“Hey guys. Am I late?”

“No, you’re just in time. Come on, let’s go find you something nice.”

I was looking at some shirts when I heard his voice. No. What is he doing here? I am not prepared. I can’t see him right now. I dropped the shirt I was looking at and started running towards the exit and because I am such a lucky girl – I bumped right into Dan. Great.

“Sorry”, I stuttered and tried to rush away.

“No problem”, Dan responded and turned around. “Oh, Y/N. I didn’t recognize you. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, thanks.” Oh please. Someone help me. Why does he always look so good? Focus, Y/N. You need to forget him. He will never like you like that.

“Ehm. It’s great to see you. I haven’t heard from you in a while.” Okay. What is THAT about?

“Yeah, I was kinda busy.” Only one look in his eyes and my brain just stopped functioning.

“I wanted to call you but…”

“But what?” I’m confused.

“Nothing. Sorry.” Phil, who stands right next to Dan, gave him a nudge. What was that about?

“Okay. I wanted to ask you something. I don’t really know how to say it.”, he stuttered.

“Just do it, man.”, Phil gave him a push.

“Phil! Stop it. Y/N, what I wanted to ask you” What the heck is going on here? What does Dan want to ask me? “Would you - ehm - go out with me?”

Oh. My. God. Did this really happen? Did he really just asked me out? Me?

“Y/N?”

“Yes, yes I would like to go out with you!” Dan gave me one of his award-winning smiles.