Chapter 19 | That Was Unexpected

Start from the beginning

Better believe it you dumb bitch.

Shut up.

Honestly, you should have seen it coming. You're supposed to be a gang member for fuck's sake. Any member worth their shit would have figured that out.

I SAID SHUT UP!

Damn...ok.

Asher huffed and crossed his arms. "I thought you said that she had some genetic disease that made her weak?"

"She does." Was Indigo's short reply.

Adrian asked the next question for his twin. "Then how did she become such a fatal opponent known for demolishing her enemies brutally."

Indigo held her hands up in defense. "Woah, those are some big words there buddy. Have you been reading the dictionary again?"

Rolling his eyes, Adrian flipped his dreads of his broad shoulders. "No, and I like to think my vocabulary is a considerable amount bigger than any of your future's."

Fox winced. "Harsh, man."

I spoke up for the first time in a while since I was so focused on the road. "You keep on avoiding our questions Indigo. How did your sister become so well-known in the underworld with her genetic condition?"

Indigo sighed in defeat. "My father contacted Sven's father when she was born. He wanted Lavender to be trained in hopes that the strength she gained would battle the effects of the disease."

"Did it?" Fox wondered dumbly.

Asher reached over to smack Fox upside his red head. "Did you seriously not hear a word she just said?"

Rubbing his head where Asher hit him, Fox whimpered, "No?"

I moved to turn on my turn signal, making my way onto Indigo's street. What? I may have been in a gang but I know the rules of the road. "I'm in a car full of idiots." I muttered under my breath.

"You're in the car too genius," Indigo smirked.

Fox and the twins busted out laughing as I stopped in front of the blonde's house. Indigo unbuckled her seatbelt but paused before she stepped out of the door.

"Thank you guys," she whispered as if she was almost afraid to admit it, "Most people don't react the way you all did."

Fox cocked his head to the side, his aquamarine eyes alight with curiosity. "What do you mean?"

Indigo looked away, not able to meet our gazes. "Whenever someone finds out they are either scared of what my father could do or they want to suck up to me in hopes that I can do stuff for them. Funny thing is, my father wouldn't do shit for me anyway, so there's literally no point in doing either."

Fox's lips twitched, and not into a smile. "That's sad." He paused for a moment to let his words sink in. "Ok, now get out."

Indigo rolled her eyes, but I noticed the corners of her mouth turn up as she exited the car.

I waited to drive off, making sure she didn't accidentally get herself kidnapped again. When she made it to her front porch, Fox kicked the back of my seat like a five year old whining that he wanted to go home.

We left before she even opened the door, missing the surprised look that came over her features as she did so.

Indigo's POV-

The Fallen Angel's reactions were... a relief. I didn't think I would ever need someone to seem so unbothered when I told them, but I couldn't deny the feeling of comfort that washed over me when they didn't give a shit who my father was. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, I never have liked lying to my friends.

Friends. Surprise greeted me when I realized that's what those troublesome boys were to me. Who would think that in such a small amount of time I would make friends with the bad boys of Everly Academy. You could sell this shit to Hallmark or something.

These thoughts filled my brain as I walked up my porch and opened the darkly stained front door. Cold wind blew my blonde locks into a mess, and goosebumps erupted across my skin. I couldn't shake the sense that something... bad was about to happen when I opened that door.

A part me was screaming to walk away and ignore whatever was waiting for me, but a stronger, bitchier part was saying screw it. I decided to go with the bitchier one's opinion because I wanted to get this cursed paint off of my sweater. Curse Luca Night and his bitch ass self.

I opened the door hesitantly and was immediately met with a flash of sharp teeth and cold hazel eyes that nearly matched my own. The only difference was that his held a harsh glint and mine had a bright sparkle. You learn to tell the difference after staring into them your entire life.

"Indigo," My father purred, seated delicately atop the light grey couch, "I've been waiting for you."

If this bitch wasn't my father, I would think this would be a scene from some cliche erotica novel. But this was the guy who donated sperm for my birth and that's gross.

I blinked back my surprise and rendered my face into neutrality, something I was used to doing when handling this prick.

Slitting my eyes until I'm sure he was doubting my sobriety, I deadpanned, "That was fast."

My father chuckled, "You always have been one with words my dear."

"Fuck off."

A/N: Sooooo, what'd ya guys think??? Was it expected??? Was it a shock??? Tell me your thought!!! Feedback is always appreciated my bros. Much love- S.B.