Chapter 35: Endings

Start from the beginning

"Are you hiding, pet?"

Your breath hitched at the deep, gravelly voice that sounded from within the walls of the false throne room.

You remained silent, trying your absolute best to control your breathing and heart rate.

"Come now, there is no sense in hiding. I could smell you from the moment you went underground."

With one last deep breath, you took a few steps forward, walking into the room which you had come to despise with a fiery passion. In that moment, you just wanted to run back up to the castle, out of the darkness that had once again managed to encase your being.

The air was bitter and thick as you stared at the smirking monster in front of you.

You wanted to scream.

You wanted to kill him.

You wanted to do anything but look at him.

No longer had Anubis taken on the form of Taehyung with his boyish smile and dirty blond hair....Now he stood before you as an entirely different man with jet black hair and bright blue eyes.

Yoongi.

Your Yoongi.

"What is happening?" You ignored Yoongi's voice from the back of the line, eyes fixated on the god in front of you, trying your best not to be amused by Yoongi's perplexed expression.

"Y/n," You shuddered as your name fell from his lips, his gaze piercing yours as his smile widened. He knew how you felt about the Dragon King and he was using it against you...trying to make you weak and submissive. "I have missed you."

"Y/n!"

Your eyes snapped up to Taehyung's figure, gasping as you took in his state. He sat, chained to the golden throne by his wrists, his robes torn and red with blood that dripped from open wounds on his shoulders. Black and purple spots littered his face, leaving you to assume that Anubis had taken pleasure in roughing them up.

Jimin sat in a throne beside him, also chained and beaten, his brown eyes looking at you in shock.

Forgetting about your surroundings, you subconsciously took a step forward, only to have your arm grabbed, pulling you backwards into a solid chest.

Jin's features were covered in confusion and curiosity as his gaze flashed between the two Yoongi's the only differences being in their clothing and the color of their eyes.

"Ah, you brought guests." Anubis' happy tone instantly dropped. "No matter, the more the merrier I suppose."

A low growl sounded from behind you as Hoseok took a step forward.

"Enough!" He yelled. "Give us the princes."

Laughter sounded throughout the large room, sending shivers down everyone's spine. He seemed far too happy....it was unnerving.

"Do you think you are really in the position to make orders, stargazer? Why would you want to save their lives anyway? Weren't you trying to poison Taehyung just a few days ago? What difference does it make if I kill him now?"

You did your best to hide your shock, not giving Anubis the satisfaction of knowing that he had managed to surprise you.

Hoseok swallowed hard, lowering his head at the undead god's words.

"I did as you asked." You stated boldly, taking a step forward. "Now keep your end of the deal."

His eyebrows raised in amusement at your new-found courage and boldness. He was clearly enjoying every moment of this and just knowing that made you want to throw a brick at his smug face.