Chapter 10: Family

"Family is one of nature's masterpieces."

-George Santayana

Silent tears streamed down your cheeks as you stared at the small pond of water in front of you, it's clear blue waters calming. You wiggled your toes in the cool, blue water, trying to get your mind off of the events that happened in your room.

After Taehyung had left, he stayed true to his word. He sent in the handmaidens who began to pack all of your things and take them to the Pharaoh's bedroom which was on the highest floor of the palace. He room had the largest balcony that over looked the entire city. It was far more lavish than yours.

You had gone to see Yoongi after Taehyung's fit of rage. You didn't know why you wanted to see him, maybe you felt guilty, or maybe you just needed comfort, but either way, your presence was not wanted by the general.

"This is your fault." He had said. "If you hadn't asked me to stay, if you had just left me leave, neither of us would be in this predicament."

You could still remember the look of hurt in his hazel eyes.

"You cannot even begin to understand how embarrassing it was for me to be whipped on behalf of some whore. I am the head over his armies........... you are nothing."

You shook your head trying to rid yourself of the painful memories. He was right. Maybe you were something special in The Four Kingdoms, but you had no power, you had no position, you barely even had a name. You really were nothing.

It was your fault. All of it. All of this could've been avoided if you had just stopped being so stubborn and rebellious.

"You should never cry alone, maiden." A soft voice spoke. "People always find out about it."

You slowly tore your eyes from the pond in front of you, moving them up to see the visitor.

Jin smiled widely at you, as he sat down beside of you.

You moved your gaze back to the pond, not being in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment.

"It is a shame to see such a beautiful woman so upset." He stated.

Your lips turned upward briefly. He reminded you of the old Jin. Even in another universe, he was still flirting.

"What is the matter?" He asked.

You sniffled, shaking your head.

"It's not a problem you can solve."

He smiled widely, tilting his head.

"Why don't you let me be the judge of that?"

Your eyes moved to his, your eyebrows raising in slight interest, before you sighed heavily.

"Someone I care about was hurt...and it's all my fault." You said as you hugged your knees to your chest. "He was only trying to protect me, but he got hurt, and now he hates me."

The dark-haired man nodded his head in understanding, his own feet dipping into the pool.

"That is quite the predicament." He said. "I'm sure it wasn't your fault, your friend is only angry with himself, not you."

You laughed sarcastically, wiping some of your fallen tears.

"He said I was nothing." You stated. "And if I'm being honest, I believe him."

Jin's golden-brown eyes snapped to you.

"Sometimes, when men can't protect the people they care about, he act out, we take our anger out on people we care about because we cannot take it out on ourselves. He may have said those hurtful words to you.....but he words were only reflecting the hatred he feels for himself."