02

A large place with so much green in the surroundings that is use for recreation, filled with ornamental climbing plant that they called bougainvillea, other flowers like Santan is visible in this area, too.

The place is full of happy childrens playing as if they knew each other for a very long time. Wide smile on their faces and the joy in their eyes, a symbol that they are living life to the fullest. This is a sight to behold, I smiled.

I wanna be young forever. I don't want to grow up because as you grow older, problems may grow bigger than expected. That's what I observed.

I once read a quote that says, growing up means growing apart. I'm scared of the possibility that it will happen. But I won't let it happen. I'll keep my small circle intact until I grow old and die.

I sat at the empty swing near the seesaw. I am here at the park, tumakas na naman ako. But this time, I brought Kuya Mario with me. I am here not to play with others but to breathe.

This past few weeks, lagi nalang nag-aaway ang parents ko. Hindi rin naman ata tungkol sa pagboboyfriend ni Ate ang pinag-aawayan ng mga ito and I was right when I accidentally overheard their convo a while ago.

"We need to leave as soon as possible, Sariah. I know that you know that!" said by Tatay. He was calm when he said that but I doubt it, maybe he is just trying his best to stay calm in situation like this.

"What about Grezielyn and Nuzuya? Grezielyn can't leave her squad and suitor in a snap and Nuzuya, I can see that she love it here. How can I take away my daughters happiness, Nicolai?" Nanay give utterance to her thoughts. Ate hasn't said 'yes' to her suitor because of my parents' request. Ang sabi nila pwede ba raw makapaghintay 'yong lalaki na tumungtong ng eighteen si Ate kasi 'yon naman talaga ang edad na pwede nang magkaroon ng nobyo.

"What about you? This is for all of us."

"No, let's stay where we are right now. Don't start a fight with me 'cause I'm tired." Nanay shook her head and puts her hand on her hips.

"You really are a hard-headed person, aren't you? Let's go back to the place where—" I didn't let myself finish what's Tatay going about to say. Eavesdropping is bad specially to adults.

Hindi 'yan 'yong una kong narinig silang nag-aaway sa linggong ito. They are not like that before but now, it feels like something has changed. Nanay can't make the things she used to make whenever Ate and I go to school. They are always not in the house. Before, no matter how busy they get they can still managed to have time for us but now they aren't even making an effort. They are lacking out of time because of work. Can I be work for a while? I just missed them. A lot.

I wonder, why do they don't use their endearment often when they are only left with the two of them? And what does Tatay mean when he said we need to leave? Why?

But really, how can you call home home if it is slowly suffocating you?

"A penny for your thoughts, Ai?" isang boses ang nagpakawala sa akin mula sa aking mga naiisip. Isang malaking bulto ng tao ang nakaharap sa akin, dahilan upang hindi na ako nasisinagan ng araw.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"My younger brother is here. Mom asked me to look after him. Pupunta pa iyon sa pinakamalapit na palengke rito para mamili," he said and I just nodded.

"How about you? What are you doing here?"

"May hinahanap ako," I answered shortly.

"What? Who? Tell me maybe I can help you," he offered, I just shook my head.