Chapter 5: Visitor

Guys~~ I am back~ The hell is over. I have free time to write. This time I will try to write as simple and short. Though do you prefer longer chapters? Coz I tried my best to not go over 2000 words(I still did). 

Thank you for over 200 reads!! It warms my heart seeing people reading my story and adding it to their reading lists :') Thank you so much!! Anyway, here is the new chapter. I will probably add another chapter the next day.

*OC is still three years old*

| ... |

"Peek-A-Boo!"

The baby giggled at me, lying on a basket crib, red eyes with the same compass symbol shone innocence and joy. I looked down at her, doing all sorts of funny faces to entertain her while playing the old 'Peek-A-Boo' game.

"Mami-chan, who am i? Boo, your big sister!" I proudly declared. 

The baby gurgled happily, pudgy hands flailed around. I am now a (self-proclaimed) sister to this little bundle of sunshine. In the manga, Enma have a younger sister. Not much info about her, but she was quite precious to him, noted when he vented out his rage on the main protagonist. Seeing her, as a baby, she was smiling and babbling most of the time. A little angel. She was so adorable and I could not help but want to squish those big cheeks!

"She seems to like you, Chisaki-chan," Aunt Akira emerged from the kitchen counter, carrying a tray of snacks and tea. 

"Mami-chan sounds like she enjoys her presence," Mother sat on the sofa, listening to our conversation. 

"She is so cute! I am happy to be a big sister of her!" I prodded her stomach. Mami gurgled and squealed, her tiny hands wrapped around my small finger. 

To be an older sibling was a hard thing but a gift to me, in my previous life, I had a younger brother, who I affectionately called 'Little Nugget'. Remembering him, he was outgoing and a loving brother. Mami kind of reminds me of him. Always smiling and yelling their lungs out(which can be annoying somewhat). My heart reached out to this little one when her eyes open to the world around her. 

Makes me understand why Enma treasures her dearly. Speaking of him, he was besides Mami's crib, staring at her. Mami beamed and patted his chin. His lips twitched. Same red eyes softened at his sister. I giggled at this and poked his cheek. He blinked and looked over to me. 

My smile plastered on my lips and sent a closed-eye grin to him.

"She is cute right?"

He nodded, a red tint on his cheeks. He looked down at Mami. A real, genuine spread on his face. I thought I saw sparkles appeared behind him. Anime is really awesome for the added visual. Even I can make a sweatdrop or the angry trademark! 

"Chi-chan, we need to go. There will be a guest coming over to our house. We must prepare," Mother called out to me. 

A guest? Who will be coming over? If Mother felt urgent to prepare, then this guest must be important or someone close to her. Questions lingered in my head as I stood up reluctantly. Mami reached her tiny arms out, confusion on her face. 

"Sowry Mami-chan, I have to go. I will see you later! En-chan too! I will see you tomorrow morning!" I peeked Mami's forehead and gave Enma a huggie. The boy flushed red, stream came out of his ears. Hehe, he is just too cute! 

"Do you want me to accompany you, Mari-chan?" Aunt Akira asked, her hands placed on Mother's elbows to help her walk to the door. 

"Gosh, Akira-chan! I am 24 years old, I know I am blind but I can do my own things. There is no need for trouble," Mother huffed, arms crossed over her chest.