Chapter 45: Last Survivers

Home, she thought. Where was that.

Rocket awkwardly cleared his throat to get her attention and he held up the device which was blinking. "Someone's calling."

Sigyn looked down at Rocket and to the device. She hesitated before snatching it from his paw. She flipped open the device and the image of a warrior appeared.

"Lady Sigyn." the warrior said shocked. "I'm filled with relief to know you are alive."

Sigyn swallowed the bile in her throat. Someone had finally answered. "My father...?"

The warrior averted his eyes, he took off his helmet and held it under his arm. "My Lady, Sigvard has taken the throne."

"Impossible..." she looked up to Thor who held the same confusion. "He died on Asgard."

"I'm afraid not." the warrior replied. "We we're able to take your father to a safe house in The Ruined City. Since then the winter has not lifted."

Sigyn looked over her shoulder towards her fellow teammates, who all stood patiently and listened. She looked back at the warrior and said, "What about my mother, my sister... my son!?"

"The Queen and your sister both perished." said the warrior. "My deepest condolences. And your son, the prince... his wife and unborn child also perished."

Sigyn's eyes fell to her feet. Her heart twisted painfully, the last thing she ever wanted was for her to son to experience what it felt like loosing a child. If he was even alive.

"As for the prince." the warrior continued. "He left on a hunting trip before... this happened... and he's yet to be seen. But, My Lady!" he begged. "We need you. Sigvard has turned the realms into turmoil."

Sigyn paused and the warrior waited for a response. She looked up to Thor who nodded his head slightly.

"Tell... tell my father I will be there. There's other duties I must attend to."

"Of course." and the image faded. Sigyn handed the device back to Rocket and turned to face the others. "The last remaining Asgardians will be on their way to Earth."

"Do what you have to." said Steve.

"We have to find a home for them..." she trailed off. Thor placed a hand on Sigyn's shoulder's and said,

"Go to Vanaheim, do what you must. Leave the Asgardians to me."

"No, I can't..."

"Sigyn." he replied firmly. "Go home. I'm King remember, I'll be fine."

Sigyn let out a breath and looked down to her feet, She held out her hand as if to grasp something as the Bifrost sword came into her hand.

"You've had that this whole time?" Thor motioned to the massive sword and she smiled in response.

"And you have your new weapon." she stepped back away from her companions.

"Will we see you again?" asked Steve tucking his thumbs into his belt.

"I don't know." said Sigyn replied honestly. "But If you ever need me, you know where to find me."

"We'll send a raven." Bruce chuckled and kicked the ground.

Sigyn smiled, "Farewell." she stepped back and raised the sword into the sky.