Chapter 31: Infinity War

"This is the Asgardian Refugee Vessel, please someon... We're under assault. I repeat, we're under assault! And... and... and there's life aboard... requesting aid to any vessel within range! We are twenty thousand people from Asgard! Our ship is made up of Asgardian families, we have very few soldiers here! This is not a war craft! I repeat, this is not a war craft!"

Shot after shot, the attacking ship fired at the Asgardian vessel. Piece by piece it was torn apart as the shields began to fail.

Sigyn lay trapped underneath a fallen piece of metal, she tried with what strength she had left to set herself free, but failed. Around her the ship was alit with fire and all around laid the dead bodies of the Asgardian people and escapees from Sakaar.

Sigyn had a trail of blood running from the top right of her forehead where she received a serious blow. She was covered in ash, dirt, sweat and blood.

With all her might, she tried to lift herself up to push the metal beam from on top of her, but she was too weak and fell back. She cried with frustration.

She was helpless.

A tear slid down her cheek, trailing threw the blood and grime. The corner of her lip was cut and her face was adorned with grazes and burns. Her face fell into her arms and she took in a shaky breath trying to keep her composure.

She looked up to see a scrapes of metal torn up from the already destroyed ship. She stretched out her arm, trying to reach the metal that was inches from her touch. She tried to pull herself forward, but it was like some unseen force was holding her down.

She faltered with a cry, her arm still outstretched. The metal beam seemed to be growing heavier by the minute, it felt like it was going to break her bones.

It wasn't until a pair of feet came into line with her eyes. She looked up at the creature, Ebony Maw.

He hummed with amusement at the defeated Asgardian who struggled beneath him. Sigyn's eyes turned dark and her breathing became heavier. She was overcome with the feeling to just lift herself and kill the creature for all the people he had killed. But she was too weak to fight anymore.

With a flick of Ebony's wrist, the beam lifted from Sigyn and she was able to breath again. She gasped for air and as quickly as she could will herself, she brought herself to her elbows and knee's.

Ebony merely held out his hand and pushed down. By an unseen force, Sigyn was slammed back into the ground rather harshly. Her head was spinning and her heart was pounding.

She was sure she was going to die here today. 

Ebony reached down to the white haired Asgardian, his long bony fingers linked into the back of her collar. He stood back to his full height, lifting the woman with him. She was forced to her knee's as Ebony dragged her along.

Sigyn tried to pry herself free from his inhuman grip on her, all the while being dragged across carnage and the dead bodies of her people. She stumbled along the way trying to break free.

"Hear me." Ebony spoke. "And rejoice."

Ebony dragged Sigyn along past Heimdall who laid amongst the debris. He reached out for the princess, but could barely move due to his wounds. She reached out for his hand, but was pulled away.

"You have been privileged of being saved by the Great Titan." Ebony continued as he stepped over bodies, while Sigyn had to be pulled over them. She tried her best to go over them.

"You may think this is suffering. No. It is Salvation. The universal scales... tipped towards balance because of your sacrifice." Ebony pulled the Asgardian he dragged along forward and threw her at Loki's feet.

Her hands hit the grated floor as she tried to stop her fall. Her arms shook beneath her weight. Loki looked down at his wife who trembled beneath him and barely managed to whisper,

"Sig."

She looked up at him and he swallowed the lump in his throat. He hated this. Seeing her like this. He slowly and cautiously turned his hand, gesturing for her to take it.

"Smile." Ebony said circling Loki and Sigyn. "For even in death. You have become children of Thanos."

That name struck a cord

That name struck a cord. Sigyn fitted her hand into Loki's and pulled herself to her feet, he stood firmly, acting as a pillar so that she could stand beside him. She stood on shaky legs and hugged into his side, wrapping her arm around his, using him to keep herself on her feet.

"Loki, I can Fetter-" Sigyn suggested under her breath. If she used what magic she had left, she could unleash Loki's full potential. 

"We can't risk it." Loki muttered sharply. He gave Sigyn's hand a light squeeze, reassuring her he was there. Loki's eyes trailed from Sigyn to the person ahead of them. There stood Thanos, his back turned, looking out into space.

He turned his head and looked down at Thor who laid at his feet who was nearly dead and said, "I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail, none the less." he bent down and picked up Thor by the chest of his armour. Thor groaned by the movement as Thanos walked forward, holding him in the air.

Sigyn dared to look around her. The big creature stood rather closely behind, along with Ebony, Corvus Glaive, and Proxima; who had her weapon pointed directly at Loki's head.

 The big creature stood rather closely behind, along with Ebony, Corvus Glaive, and Proxima; who had her weapon pointed directly at Loki's head

"It's frightening." Thanos said. "Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end... dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now it's here. Or should I say... I am."

He held up his left fist which wore a gauntlet. One the knuckle was the Power Stone. It lit up as Thanos held up Thor's head.

"You talk to much." Thor said threw a mouth full of blood.

"The Tesseract." Thanos demanded Loki. "Or, your brother's head. I assume you have a preference?"

 I assume you have a preference?"

"No, I do." Loki replied. "Kill away."