Chapter 38: Fight For the Universe

Sigyn followed Okoye and the Dora Milaje out of the building and onto the landing mat. A golden glow enveloped Sigyn, her hair was now neatly braided behind her head and her headpiece now adorned her head.

On the mat stood Bucky, Sam and Jim, all suited up and ready to fight.

"Sigyn!" Bucky greeted happily. "Good to see you back on your feet... and alive."

"Hello, Bucky." she forced a small smile. "I apologise for my erratic behaviour last we met, I was sure we were all going to die."

"Accepted?" Bucky replied unsure. Sam rolled his eyes with a small smile. "Look, thank you for what you did. "

"You look much better than before."

"I feel better."

Sigyn quipped a small smile, "I'm gladdened."

"Look at you-" Jim chuckled from inside the War Machine suit, "Speaking all Shakespearian 'n stuff."

"I do believe I've met the man himself." Sigyn stated proudly. "On one of my many adventures on Midgard with Loki."

Jim and Sam both shared a look of amusement. Bucky chuckled and adjusted the position his gun was sitting in. "You've looked better."

Sigyn turned her gaze to the far distance where the triangular shaped ships landed outside of the barrier. She wanted nothing more than to take her revenge upon Thanos' children.

"Never been worse."

Bucky nodded in understandment, they were similar in some ways. They had both lost everything, yet the only difference was Bucky who still had someone. She had no one.

"Princess." Okoye approached the Asgardian and held out a spear.

"That won't be necessary, thank you." Sigyn polity rejected the offer. "I have my own arsenal."

"If you would accompany me now, we are ready to move out."

"If you will excuse me." Sigyn pardoned herself and followed Okoye onto the Vulture ship. They stood at front with a dozen more warriors onboard. The ship, followed by dozen's more all took off, flying inches from the ground as they raced towards the threat. The rest of the Avengers followed on different Vulture's.

"I don't think I have yet learned your name."

"Okoye, General of the Dora Milaje."

"General?" Sigyn repeated. "You remind me of a dear friend. Heimdall his name was. Gatekeeper and protecter of Bifrost."

"I am truely sorry for your losses."

"I will not let the same happen here."

From beside the ship, The HulkBuster Suit that Bruce rode inside flew past in a run, but not before Bruce ran into a rock and fell flat on his face. Both Sigyn and Okoye casted Bruce a look of disappointment as they passed by on the ship.

Both being elite warriors, this was pathetic.

The Vulture came to a sliding stop, falling sideways, allowing the warriors to slide off the side and straight onto the battlefield and into position.

Sigyn slid down the side and onto the grass, she jogged forward, meeting up with her fellow Avengers.

"MAERS-HA!"

"HWA HWO."

"MAERS-HA!"

"HWA HWO."

Hundreds of Wakandan warriors stood in formation, all chanting together. Thousands of warriors all stood to attention. Sigyn fell in line beside Steve, Natasha, Bucky, Okoye and T'challa.

"Thank you for standing with us." T'challa shook M'baku's hand.

"Of course, brother." M'Baku replied.

On the other side of the barrier approached two figures Sigyn recognised as Proxima and the big creature. She was first to start walking towards the barrier. T'challa nodded with head towards Steve to follow after Sigyn.

"Nat." Steve encouraged her to also follow. Together the four all walked the grassy hill towards the two aliens.

Proxima ran her sword across the shield, testing it. And it proved impassable. Proxima sported a black smirk seeing the white haired Asgardian alive.

"So... you survived?" Proxima greeted. "I'm surprised."

"I will kill you." Sigyn spat. Her eyes showed the anger she felt. It made the alien laugh.

"You can try, Asgardian."

Sigyn remained silent. She felt that if she kept speaking, she might just break the barrier to kill the two aliens.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha broke the intense silence.

"You will pay for his life with your's." she responded. "Thanos will have that Stone."

"That's not gonna happen." Steve stated firmly.

"You are in Wakanda now." T'challa said. "Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We..." Proxima replied. "Have blood to spare."

Proxima raised her sword into the air with a battle cry. The tops of the triangular ships rumbled to life as the tops lifted into the sky.

T'challa turned on his heel, taking it as no time to waste. Steve, and Natasha then followed in pursuit. Sigyn stayed last, her glare still burnt onto Proxima.

"Sig!" Natasha called. Sigyn took a few steps back before turning to follow her companions.

"She's mine."