"No, no I can't. The only creature I can understand is Lil Jack, but that's because I had given her a lot of power so that she can be so much more than she was." He tells me. 

    "Is that the snake?" I ask him. 

   "Mhm, lil Jack."

   "Why lil Jack?" 

   "Short for Lilien Jaqueline, it was a name of a human who has been dead for over a millennium." He explains turning to me. 

   "Was this human special to you?" I ask generally curious. 

   "I guess you could say that." 

(I actually really want to do a flashback right now, but I feel like it's just a little too weird to have to change pov's just for a flashback, I might do one in a later chapter though.) 

   I can feel deep down that he doesn't want to continue you talking about whoever they were. I'll just drop it. 

   "Are you ready to go now?" I ask him, changing the subject. 

   "Yes, I am, to the lab we go." 

   With that, he leads the way to the lab. 

Flug's pov. 

   I wake up in a cold sweat. Another bad dream. They just keep getting worse the closer the day of mine and Slug's wedding approaches. Which is practically fully planed out. Just a few more things that are needing to be done. 

   Anyways, the nightmare. I always forget them by the time I wake up, but the feelings still reside within me. 

Regret. 

Grief. 

Sadness. 

Fear.

So much fear. 

And though it was almost nonexistent, betrayal. 

   I feel like these dreams are a warning. But what's the point of a warning if you can't even remember what happens?! 

   I groan out loud as I let my body flop back down to the bed. I look to my side to see that Slug is still there, sleeping. A soft smile rests on his face. It's not often that I get to see his face, and it's even rarer to see him smile, so it's nice to it show up. I wonder what he's dreaming about. 

   I lay there for a while just watching him. I'm normally asleep first, and usually awake way after him. But lately I have either been woken up to the need to puke -waking Slug in the process- or woken up from a nightmare -also waking Slug up in the process. So seeing a sleeping Slug is a rare sight for me. I'm actually not sure why he didn't wake up this time when I woke up. Ah, whatever I'm not going to complain. 

   A little bit later he begins to stir. At this point, I had picked up a book from the table at my side. It was nothing interesting. To most people at least, I absolutely adored it, but I don't get much time to read. It's a very detailed book about all different kinds of planes. 

   Anyways, Slug begins to wake up, so I fold over the top of the page and put the book aside. I turn to face him, and his eyes are already open. 

   He sits up and stretches. 

    "What time is it?" he asks. 

    "It's about 1 pm," I tell him. 

    "Jeez that's late," he says as he stands up. He turns to me, "How are you feeling?"