Slug?!

Slug's pov

   When we had jump back through the portal, the hats both stopped using their powers. They were exhausted, it must take a lot of power to keep a portal like that open for as long as it was. 

    "Are you okay sir?" I heard Flug ask.

    "Yeah, I just need to catch my breath." BlackHat said panting in the middle of his sentence, he looked and sounded as if he just ran a marathon. 

    "Y-you sure?" Flug questioned. 

    "Yeah," BlackHat looked at my boss. "Want to go to my office?" 

    "Okay," WhiteHat said sounding less tired. BlackHat must have done most of the work, and I can't imagine that he had fully recovered from when Flug cam to get me and WhiteHat.  They both walked off. I decided to explore Flug's lab.

    "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said that your lab is usually a mess." I said as I picked up a few scrapes.

    "It's nowhere near the mess that your lab is in, speaking of which, why does it look like a tornado had just been through there?" Flug questioned.

    "Uh, to be honest, I've been under a lot of stress lately... And I haven't had the time to fix it up..." I trailed off. All four of us had been in pretty rough shape, especially me and WhiteHat. I haven't made a good weapon in while and I know if I don't make something susscessful sometime soon the entire company will go bankrupt. WhiteHat has been telling me not to worry about it and that everything will be fine, but I know that is not true because the last time I had a mental break down the company almost had to close, forever.

   "Slug? Are you okay? Do you want me to help?" Flug asked me worriedly. 

    "I'm fine, I-I" Suddenly my world became black.

Flug's pov

     "Slug!" I exclaimed. I ran to his side. He was in the middle of talking before he just randomly fell to the ground. I looked at him. He was unconscious. I checked his pulse. He was alive. 

'    "BlackHat! WhiteHat!" I called out. I needed some help. A few seconds later both of the hats were down here. 

    "What do y-" BlackHat stopped mid-sentence seeing me on the ground holding Slug close. 

    "Slug!" WhiteHat exclaimed running over to me. "Is he okay?!" 

    "I-I don't know! He just collapsed mid-sentence, but he has a pulse and he is still breathing!" I was worrying and I knew I was close to having a panic attack.

    "Let's get him to the hospital. Flug, you have to wear a disguise and so does Slug, we don't want everyone to panic when we get there." BlackHat said. 

    "Okay." I said handing Slug to Whitehat and grabbing a the ray I had just recently finished. I shot myself with it praying that it worked. It did. I transformed into what looked like a teenage boy. I shot Slug with it and he transformed to look almost exactly like I did. We both had curly red hair and freckles. We looked kind of like twins, which was the point.

     "Woah, that's so cool!" WhiteHat explained.

    "Thanks, but we have to get Slug to the hospital!" I said.

    "Right." Both of the hats than transformed as well. They both decided to have red hair and freckles, BlackHat was wearing a black and red bowler hat, while WhiteHat wore a white and blue Fedora. They looked similar to us but older and WhiteHat looked like a girl. We kind of looked like a family of gingers.