18.

-Michael-

I stood at the door, looking through the window. He just laid there with needles and tubes stuck in his lifeless body. I took a deep breath and slipped into the room. I heard the steady beep if the heart monitor. I sat down beside the bed and looked down at my husband. "I really didn't want to come see you." I laughed. "Harsh isn't it..." I trailed off. I ran my fingers thorough his soft black hair. "You would so disappointed in the way I've been acting. The only reason I act like a monster is because I don't have you to point me in the right direction. Even though we haven't been on the best terms in a while, you still keep me grounded." I talked quietly, to myself not really to him. "I thought we were doing better. You had started to smile again and laugh. And then you pull a stunt like this."

I thought about what Ashton said about motivation. "I don't know if you can hear any of what I'm saying. But if you can I want you to know that I love you. That you mean the world to me and without you I'm nothing. I'm not mad at you, I won't hold this over your head. I just need you to wake up." I bent down and pressed my lips to his cheek. "Please." I whispered in his ear.

When I reached the hall I caught Dr. Sullivan and ran up to him. "Don't put him on life support."

"Mr. Clifford I highly-"

"I don't care what you suggest. What's the point of him being alive if he's not living?" I asked rhetorically, before walking away.

-

"Calum!" I shouted as I ran through the hospital doors. He was crying and his arm was in a sling. "Are you okay? Is logan okay?" I asked walking to him.

"No." He cried into my chest.

"Calum, it's okay." I sighed burying my face in his hair.

"No it's not I killed him, Michael." The hand that was rubbing his back stopped. "He's dead." He sobbed. My heart sunk, and my mouth went dry. Calum pulled away from me and his puffy eyes looked up at me. "I'm sorry." He was sorry? I didn't even know what had happened. All I knew was that my son was gone.

"Calum, I need something. Anything just just what happened?" He shook his head before leaving the hospital. I just stood there, numb.

My whole life seemed like it was fading, and I was fading with it.

-

I walked into our bed room and pulled my shoes off. Calum rolled over in the bed and looked at me with bloodshot eyes. "Where'd you go?"

"Just drove." I shrugged pulling my jeans off and sliding under the covers. That's all I ever did now, was drive. Hoping maybe I'd look in the rear view mirror and he'd be sleeping there with his curls falling in his face. But instead I just see an empty car seat.

I turned over facing away from Calum. It had been two weeks since this all happened. I gotten a little bit out of Calum, but not much. I had just given up. "Please Michael." Calum kissed my shoulder. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his cheek rest on my back. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you."

-

-Calum-

I had woken up two hours ago, and Michael was still asleep. I just watched him sleep, slowing breathing in and out. He couldn't be comfortable in that little hospital chair. His hand that was resting on the chair arm, fell and hit my face.

"Oh sorry." He mumbled.

"Don't worry about it." I laughed at how oblivious he was.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked down at me. "Calum." He smiled.

Oh god I missed that smile.

"You're awake." He moved on the side of my bed and placed his hand on my cheek.

"Mmmmhhh." I hummed.

"We can go home." He looked like he was going to cry.

"Michael. What's wrong? I mean I know why you would be upset, but why now? I'm awake." I smiled.

He leaned down pressing his forehead to mine. "You're awake."

-

A/N: This chapter sucks, but it will get better promise. More fluff and less depressing stuff I promise. I love you guys :)

Morgan x