19.

-Calum-

I walked into our chrome kitchen, sighing as I shrugged my hoodie off. It felt like I hadn't been here in years. Michael walked past me and opened the fridge. "Are you hungry? Can I fix you something to eat?" He asked.

"Actually, yes you can. It will be nice to eat something through my mouth instead of a tube." I sat down at the kitchen table, facing him.

"What do you want?"

"Grilled cheese. Swiss, American, and cheddar cheese. No mayo and extra tomatoes." He shook his biting his lip. "Please." I added.

I pulled at the sleeves of my gray shirt and gnawed on my bottom lip. He mindlessly moved around the kitchen, fixing my sandwich. I couldn't get the feeling in my stomach to go away. "Michael?"

"Yes?" He said slowly.

"What did you do?" He turned around and leaned against the counter. He raised an eyebrow, looking at me confused. "After I..." I shook my head. I didn't want to say it. "What did you do?"

"Well luckily I woke up and found you. But after I found you I got you to the hospital. Then I stayed for almost three weeks then Ashton convinced me to go home. Once I got home, I told myself there wasn't any reason for me to go back if you were just going to die. A couple more weeks passed and Ashton came and told me you needed life support. I think then it started to sink in that you could die. That I could loose everything important to me in this world. So I went to see you, and stayed. Until you woke up because I knew you would." He smiled at me. "I knew you couldn't stay away from me."

"You know me to well." I barely whispered.

"Why'd you do it?"

"Just to see if it would work." I shrugged.

"What?"

"I knew if I died, I wouldn't ever be sad again. I wouldn't lie awake at night sobbing about everything wrong in my life. I would be at peace for the first time in a long time." He wouldn't look at me. He stared down at his sock feet. I walked slowly across the kitchen, placing my hands on ether side of him. "But I knew if I woke up, that I was supposed to be here. And I did. So I need to put more faith in you. I need to put more faith in myself. Michael if we could just be the way we were three years ago, that would be enough. It would be more than enough." I stood on my tip toes keeping my face an inch away from his.

"I just want a happy ending."

"You can't have a happy ending if your story just began." I said quietly. He leaned down pressing his lips to mine. His hands traveled up my back, lifting me onto his hips. He smiled against my lips moving towards the bed room. I ran my hands through his hair, kissing his jawline.

I missed him. I missed this. I know that I'm not going to be happy forever. I know that there will be times in the future when I want to give up. But I won't because I'll have Michael. And that's all I need.

-

-Mikey-

The feeling of having him this close to me was almost foreign. I hadn't even realized that I had forgotten what his genuine laugh sounded like. I had forgotten how his cheeks folded in when he smiled. The way his pupils dilated when he was overwhelmed. I had forgotten that when I kissed the place behind his ear, it drove him crazy. I forgotten all the little things that made me fall in love with him.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would love the little, broken boy who never left his hospital room, as much as I did. I don't think he did ether. I don't think he had any intentions on falling in love with me.

But I'm glad he did.

-

-Calum-

"If you're in so much pain, let go."

"But I don't want to." I said.

"Why?"

"Because you're here." I replied, just realizing it.

"Why didn't you give up before?"

"Just because I didn't know you, didn't mean you didn't exist. Just because I didn't know you didn't mean I wasn't supposed to know you."

-

A/N: Okay so this was the last major chapter. I'm going to write an epilogue as soon as possible, I promise. I really like this chapter actually. I'm aware that my chapters are short, sorry about that. Thank you for 400 reads, love you guys :)

Morgan x