Chapter 19

I couldn't sleep that night, what was I going to do?  How was I going to keep her safe? At just after 2am I sat up and rubbed my eyes wearily.  That idiot, I felt like flying out now and killing him, getting rid of the problem before it started but I knew that that would make Rey sad so I lay back down again, finally drifting off half an hour later.

As soon as I woke the next morning I climbed out of bed.  I dressed, sent for breakfast and then headed down to the hanger, "Prepare my interceptor" I barked at the mechanics who were busy fixing a Tie fighter.

Once my ship was ready to go I climbed in and did up the harness. I was just lifting up into the sky when I saw Hux appear at one of the viewing windows, his hands on his hips. There was no time to try and explain myself to him, I lifted up into the sky headed for Devaron. 

Once I reached Devaron I circled around for a bit until I spotted Rey waving at me from the ground.  I landed in a nearby clearing.  I was just climbing out when I heard Rey's voice "He's gone, he's headed to your base Ben!" I jumped down from the ship and let Rey embrace me for a moment, her small body shaking, "The idiot!" I cried letting go of Rey and bringing my fist down hard against my leg.  Rey looked at me in shock and I realised that it had been a long time since she'd seen this side of me.  "I need to stop him before it's too late, before he blows your cover"

Just then I felt a sharp pain in my back and suddenly my legs went weak and I fell down. I heard Rey screaming and then everything went black.