Chapter 3

But how would I reach her I wondered? Could I still reach her through the force connection that Snoke had arranged? I felt my face flush at the thought of seeing her again, she was like a drug, every time I thought about her she made my heart thump, what was happening to me? Suddenly conscious of my disheveled appearance I headed into the bathroom and switched on the shower, stripping off my clothes and stepping under the hot water, enjoying the way that the heat made my sore muscles relax, but my mind was working overtime.

By the time I stepped out of the shower and had wrapped a black towel around my waist I had made my mind up. I was going to try and force bond with her. I was afraid of how she would react when she saw me again but I had to try, I had to warn her.

I dressed in a simple black vest top and trousers and then sat on the edge of my bed. My hair was still damp but at least it was clean now. The shower had lifted my mood, as had the thought of seeing Rey again. I cleared my mind and shut my eyes. The image of Rey appeared in my mind but this time I pushed it away and tried to find her voice, her presence. I squeezed my eyes shut tighter and then suddenly I could hear breathing. The breathing was calm and shallow, it made me feel peaceful and subconsciously I began to match mine with it and then I felt her, she was here. I opened my eyes.

Rey was in front of me, lying in some sort of bunk, fast asleep. She was lying on her side, the covers pulled up to her chin. She was facing me and for a moment I sat and marvelled at her beauty, my stomach fluttering wildly. "Rey?" I whispered, she stirred slightly, her mouth opening and closing soundlessly, her eye lids flickering. "Rey?" I tried again louder this time. Rey's beautiful brown eyes opened then, connecting directly with mine. For a moment she lay still, her hands holding the blanket tight against her neck and then slowly she sat up, glancing at something to the side of her, "What do you want Ben?" She asked, her voice sounding slightly impatient. That impatience hurt me but I didn't let it show, "I wanted to warn you" I said quietly, my eyes on hers. Her brow furrowed and she leant towards me, "Warn me about what?". She was close to me now, almost as though she were in my bed and I struggled to maintain my composure "General Hux informs me that we have tracked you to Endor", Rey's eyes became wide as I spoke, "we are launching a surprise attack on you at first light". Rey sat for a moment taking in what I had told her and then she suddenly leant towards me so that her face was inches from mine, "After everything that has happened why would you warn me Ben?" She asked softly. Her being so close was making my heart pound furiously and suddenly in that moment I had no idea what to say. I wanted to tell her that I couldn't lose her, that she destroyed me when she left me on Crate, but instead I kept my eyes down, avoiding her gaze. Eventually when I didn't answer I felt her move even closer and then I felt her lips touch my cheek. A fire erupted inside my heart at the touch of her and I felt my face flush as she moved away, "Thank you Ben" she whispered. I finally brought my eyes up to meet hers and found her to be smiling at me warmly, "Ben, come with us" she finally said. I tried to answer but nothing came out so I just shook my head slowly. She paused for a minute and then smiled again, "Thank you Ben, you are still a good person. Look after yourself" and with that the connection broke and I was alone again in my room.