Chapter 17

Two days passed and I heard nothing from Rey. I went through the motions, overseeing the training of the stormtroopers, attending meetings with Hux and studying plans for a new Starkiller base which we planned to build. On the third day I walked down to the gym in the evening and trained hard, glad for once not to be thinking of her.

When I got back to my room I showered and then pulled on boxer shorts and sat on the bed, looking at myself in the mirror, where was she? I thought, would it be wrong for me to contact her? I leant closer to the mirror, looking at my various scars. Just then I heard a heartbeat. I sat back listening intently, there it was again and then suddenly she was there.

Rey, stood right in front of me where the mirror had been. I watched her gasp and then blush, turning slightly away before I realised that I was only wearing boxer shorts. I made no effort to cover myself, loving how her gaze felt on my near naked body. "Sorry to disturb you" she said avoiding my gaze. I shook my head slowly, "You're not disturbing me". She smiled and looked down as she spoke, "Ben did you get my letter?", I nodded again, "Ben I meant all of it. You are a good man. Are you ok?" I nodded again, unsure of what to say. Rey came and sat next to me, taking my hand in hers. I looked down at our fingers laced together and then up into her eyes. She was so close to me, like she had been in the elevator all that time ago. For a moment we just sat, Rey stroking my hand with her thumb and then suddenly she turned to me and reached her other hand up to touch my face, pulling it closer to hers. Her face was only inches from mine now, our breaths dancing with each other's. My heart was thudding furiously as she moved closer still, looking in my eyes. I met her gaze as she pressed her lips to mine. A surge rushed through my body as her tongue found its way into my mouth and I moaned. Every part of me was on fire, we pulled apart for a moment and I studied her, she looked beautiful, her lips were slightly parted, her chest rising and falling rapidly and then I moved to her again, my hands in her soft hair. I was aroused but I didn't care, didn't care if she noticed. We kept kissing furiously, her hands finding their way to my bare back, shivers shooting up my spine, moans escaping both of our lips. I had only ever kissed one other girl, long ago whilst I was training with Luke and even that had been nothing like this. Finally we broke apart, both breathing heavily, our eyes looking into each others. "Ben, can I please stay with you tonight" Rey asked quietly, her voice breathless. I nodded and climbed under the covers, pulling Rey with me. I pulled her against me. As she felt my hardness her eyes shot up to meet mine but I didn't move away and our lips met again and again. Her hands were pressed against my chest as my hands found their way under her top, running over the bindings around her chest and back, feeling her ribs raise up with each breath. Her hands were moving now, wrapping around my back pressing me ever harder against her. I was totally lost in the moment, in our moment when she suddenly pulled away, "Ben?" My name jolted me back and my eyes went to hers, "This is all new to me" Rey said quietly looking embarrassed. I nodded, "Me too", now it was Rey's turn to stare, clearly surprised. Suddenly I felt a great rush of love for her and I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her cheek. She smiled at me and kissed my cheek in return making me smile back at her which made her smile even wider, "I've never seen you smile before" Rey said softly. Self consciously I stopped smiling and dropped my gaze but Rey lifted my chin, "You have a beautiful smile Ben" she said snuggling into my chest. It took me a long time to calm down enough to sleep but when I eventually drifted off I slept more soundly than I had for years.