Chapter 14

When I walked out of the shower room Poe and Finn had already made make shift beds on the two couches.  My mother was on the bed, her back to me, facing the wall and Rey was lying on her back next to Leia.  Her eyes were closed but they flickered open as I approached.  She reached out a hand to me and I took her small hand in mine, feeling her warm, soft skin, "Ben, where are you going to sleep?" She asked softly.  I looked around and then pointed to a chair, "There I guess" I said quietly.  "If I move over a bit you can probably fit on the bed" Rey whispered looking over her shoulder at Leia who was sleeping soundly.  I hesitated, knowing the effect that Rey had on me, suddenly aware of my mother and the others in the room but Rey pulled my hand and shuffled backwards.  I nodded and climbed under the covers and lay down on my side,facing away from Rey,one arm under my head.  I had kept my trousers and vest on and now, lying so close to her I was glad I had.  I felt her move closer to me and I froze as she whispered "Thank you Ben, for everything" and then her arm snake down and wrapped around my waist just as it had last night, although tonight she was really here, the breath on my neck was really hers.  A swell of desire rushed through my body but this time I fought it and won and I drifted into a warm and peaceful sleep.

I was awoken the next morning by a hard tap on my arm.  I opened my eyes disoriented.  Poe was stood in front of me, Finn by his side and both did not look happy.  "Sorry to break things up but we really want to get on with this" Poe whispered, keeping his eyes on Rey and Leia who were asleep next to me.  I looked at the time 6.30am.  "It's too early, if I make my General leave now he will be suspicious.  We need to wait"I whispered back.  Finn rolled his eyes, "Listen, Rey and Leia may trust you but I don't, my girl is on Baccu and I want to go pick her up", I went to answer but Leia who had now sat up beat me to it, "No one is going anywhere until Ben says, is that clear?".  I watched Poe turn his back to me, muttering and Finn did the same,both of them retreating to their make shift beds.  Stretching, Leia climbed off the bed and headed into the bathroom.  I lay on my back, one hand behind my head, not daring to look at Rey as I knew the two men were watching me but then I felt a hand on my chest and a moment later her head popped up above me.  I almost smiled looking at her disheveled appearance and sleepy eyes.  "Hi" she said smiling, I half smiled back, watching her as she sat up rubbing her eyes, "Oh cheer up you two, Poe you got to fly a Tye fighter and Finn you will be back with Rose today" Rey snapped seeing their miserable expressions and then she lay down next to me again just as Leia emerged from the bathroom.  "Ben, are we able to get any food?" She asked sitting in the chair, her hands folded in her lap.  "I'll arrange for some to be sent up" I said climbing out of bed and radioing down to the catering section of the ship.

After we had eaten I went into the shower room to wash up and dress and then I radioed down to Hux, telling him to meet me in the hanger at 9am.  Just before 9am I went to the door, pausing there for a moment, "I shouldn't be more than a couple of hours and then I will be back to collect you".  Rey and Leia smiled and nodded whilst Finn and Poe stayed stony faced.  I pulled on my gloves and left.