Chapter 7

I didn't hear from Rey the next day but her words stayed with me. Did she really care about me? I kept thinking about everything that had happened between us, searching every angle of every situation trying to see if I had missed something between us. I had never had any doubts that there was something between us but I had always felt that I felt it much more strongly than she did.

I continued pretending to search for the resistance the following day, bringing up maps of every solar system, details of every planet and past rebel bases. But my mind was not on the job. I wanted Rey, I wanted so badly to leave with her. But how? If I left Hux in charge he would hunt us both down to the ends of the Earth. I couldn't put Rey in that sort of danger. And what Rey had said about my mother ran through my mind endlessly. I had always presumed that my mother hated me for what I had become, especially after killing my father, but to hear that she had forgiven me and that she still loved me made me want desperately to go to her. To feel her hug me again, to hear her tell me she that she loves me.

Hux's voice cut through my thoughts suddenly, "Do I have clearance to send out Troopers to search the closest planets for the resistance Supreme Leader?" I nodded and turned away, " Inform me if you find anything General" I said walking away and heading down the corridor. I had to find out where Rey was before the Scout Troopers found her.

When I reached my quarters I took off my cloak and gloves and sat down. It was 10pm. I closed my eyes and concentrated, looking for Rey's light the dark. I found it easily this time and rushed towards it in my mind. I heard a gasp of surprise and when I opened my eyes Rey was in front of me, half undressed, her chest covered only by a thin layer of wrappings, short style white underwear on her lower half and her hair hung damply around her face. I felt my cheeks flush but I couldn't move my eyes from her body, so enticing was the sight. "Ben!" She cried, breaking my trance, "Sorry" I mumbled looking away. I could hear her moving about, putting on the rest of her clothing. "Ok, you can look" she said finally. I turned back to her just as she was zipping up her boots. "I'm sorry, I just need to warn you again" I said, my heart still pounding from seeing her like that, "Warn me? What about?", "Troopers have been sent out to check surrounding planets, where are you?", "Akiva" Rey said quietly "Ben, do we need to move?". I thought for a moment before shaking my head, "At the moment they are only checking planets which are close to us, you should be safe there for a while yet. I'll keep you up to date with our manoeuvres". Rey nodded and stepped forwards so that she was next to my bed, "Your mother knows it is you helping us, she sends her love" Rey said softly sitting down next to me. For a moment I stared at her and then I nodded slowly, letting my head drop, dark hair hanging over my face. "Send her my love too" I said, feeling foolish for saying it but knowing that Rey was the only person I could say it to. Rey pushed the hair from my face making a shiver run through my body, "You look tired Ben" she said softly, I nodded, I felt so weary, "I don't sleep so well" I answered flatly. Rey pushed my hair off my face again and then lifted my chin as she had the other morning, I looked into her big, beautiful eyes, eyes like my mother's, looking at me with the same warmth, "I can stay with you whilst you fall asleep" Rey whispered. I stared at her for a moment, my breathing becoming shallow and then I nodded. She stood and turned away as I removed my clothes down to my underwear, quickly slipping under the covers before she could see my arousal. Then she came and laid behind me on top of the covers, one arm draped over me, the other stroking my hair, running her fingers through from root to tip, sending waves of ecstasy through my body. And then she did something amazing, she pulled back the covers and snuggled down under them "I'm cold" she said, I nodded without looking at her , terrified that she would discover my hardness. I felt her arm encircling me although this time she was more hesitant as her hands found the bare skin of my chest. Her touch aroused me so much that I had to turn my face into the pillow to stop me from groaning in pleasure. The palm of her other  hand moved in a massaging motion across my back and then she pushed herself against me, her arm wrapping around my waist just above my hardness. This time I couldn't stop myself and a quiet groan escaped my lips. I knew she heard it because she froze but then I felt a kiss on my back, "Goodnight Ben" she whispered, "Goodnight" I managed in a breathy voice.