Chapter 11

"No way! There is absolutely 100% no way I am going to a First Order base with anyone, let alone with him!" Poe shouted, throwing down his gun and turning to walk out. Finn caught his arm, "Woah come on man.....", Poe turned and glared at Finns hand on his arm, "I know, I don't like this anymore than you but Leia is in charge". Poe shook his arm free and sighed heavily, "Ok, so tell me how is this gonna work?". He was looking at me now, his arms crossed tightly across his chest, his eyes cold.  I straightened and looked him in the eyes, "First thing to do is to set things up here.  We burn the bodies of the two Tie pilots I came here with and...", "Wow" a small dark haired girl piped up from next to Finn, "I'm sure glad I don't work for you!" A hum of laughter filled the ship .  I waited for quiet again and then went on, "Like I was saying, we burn the bodies.  I kill the pilot of my command shuttle..." I stopped and waited for the laughter to die down again and then feeling irritated I went on, I wasn't used to being laughed at, "We burn him too.  Ok we will only have three bodies on the fire but we can say I killed the forth person and threw them in the river, their body must have been washed to the sea.  I will need various items, things to identify you with that we can leave lying around, make it look like you four" I paused pointing at Rey, then my mother, Finn and then Poe, "are the bodies.  They need to believe that I have taken away the resistances only hope by wiping out the Jedi" I pointed at Rey, "the pilot they depend on" I pointed at Poe, "the one with the inside knowledge" I pointed at Finn "and finally their leader" I pointed at Leia.  "Ok, so they think the big four are dead and buried, then what, aren't they going to kill the guys left here?" Poe asked, his arms crossed tightly, holding my stare, Chewbacca roared in agreement.  "We will drop these others at Batuu", A collective groan went up and the young dark haired girl pulled a face, "Batuu is a dump!", I held my hand up, it's just a hiding place until my people know that your leaders are dead".  Poe had straightened up and taken a step towards Leia, "So we are running?  The rebellion is over?  We are just going to disappear?" Leia held her hands up, "Poe, we have ten of us left, ten!  The First Order have thousands upon thousands of troops, ships with guns on that could destroy the planet we are stood on!  Wake up. We either stay and become extinct or we do this and we all get to live", Poe lifted his hands into the air, "But at what cost?  This murderer comes in and tells us to give up, to run and hide and we stop and roll over!".  Leia stepped forwards now, her hands on her hips, "My son has risked his life twice to help us! This is the only way.  You are either with us or against us".  Poe sat down heavily, looking at the ground.  "So, when you drop  us at Batuu, where do the others go? How will you get them onto your base?  Why can't they come to Batuu with us, I mean if your people think we're dead then can't we all just go to Batuu?" The dark hair girl said, her hand linked with Finns, I shook my head, "I need to fly the two Tie fighters back or suspicions will be raised.  I need two of the four leaders who can fly Tie fighters to dress in their armour and take those back to base, follow my shuttle.  The other two will hide in the hatch on my shuttle.  I will take the rest of you as I said to Batuu, leave you there with supplies and then I will fly on to my base.  The two dressed as stormtroopers will be no problem to get to my quarters and the other two, well I'll get them there.  But I can't leave you all on Batuu, you will be spotted there.  Once I've shown my General the scene here and he believes your leaders are dead then I will bring all of you back here and you can take the Falcon and leave, fly far away where you are safe".  I looked around the room.  All eyes were on me as I finished.  "And you?" Rey asked suddenly, I turned and looked at her, "I'll go back to my base" I said, hating how that sounded but knowing that it was the only way to keep her safe.  Rey nodded, lowering her eyes.  For a moment everyone was silent and then Leia held her hands up, "Right, let's get cracking".