Believe In Love

Chapter 19

Jace was running his long fingers in Clary's wavy locks as she slept silently on his chest breathing softly. Her hands were clutched against the tank top he wore before laying on the hospital bed.

Jace wanted to leave but the doctor said he had a concussion and needed to spend the night inside. Clary and Izzy made sure of it.

He really didn't have the power to argue, so he just agreed, after Simon took Izzy home Jace sat with Clary and told her everything that happened tonight.

She looked at him with a frown in the whole conversation glaring at him sometimes and holding tight his hand.

Jace usually kept everything to himself only talking with Izzy or Alec-Even if he couldn't talk to him back. But now he found himself opening about the last few months that happened in his life to Clary and he was so relieved when Clary listened carefully holding his hand and kissing his knuckles as a comfort. 

He was really in love.

As time passed, they layed holding each other while Clary told him stories about her mother and Luke. How she learned to draw and how she never had a best friend.

Moments later Clary was asleep in his arms.

It was already early in the morning. Jace hadn't slept at all, he just caressed Clary's hair and breathed her intoxicating scent. 

Yep, Jace is so in love with her.

He finally realized that no matter what he and Clary go through they'll always ll' come together. Jace never knew that he will be able to have this.

This girl, that loved him and cared about him. Clary saw something in him that even Jace couldn't see it himself.

Years and years he used girls only for sex, he took place in illegal kickboxing games in old empty warehouses and got drunk almost every day.

But when he met Clary everything just didn't make sense. Jace wanted to be so good for Clary, he wanted to change and stop being this mean and dark character. 

And maybe this already happened?

* * *

"Come on give me some!" Jace opened his mouth playfully waiting.

"No way, get your own!" Clary giggled and shoved some fries in her mouth chewing loudly to tease Jace.

"Rude..." he grinned and pulled her against his chest, Clary squicked from the surprise and immediately wrapped her arms around Jace's neck. Her fries, long forgotten.

"Kiss me." She said and Jace's grin went wider. He didn't wait long, his lips were already pressed against hers sloppily. 

"Mm...Jace..haha" Clary giggled again when Jace was sucking her bottom lip to get a taste from the fries. 

"Damn, fuck the french fries, I want to eat all of you..." Jace started biting playfully Clary's lips, jaw and neck, earning soft giggles and sweet breaths.

When they left the hospital, Jace took Clary for breakfast, they both starved as hell. This time though they went to Brooklyn, Clary as always clutching his waist as they ride in his motorcycle.

Now they were walking at Clary's old neighborhood, she wanted to introduce him to her stepfather Luke.

 Jace was a little nervous, he was a cop after all. 

His night was so intense but now having this tiny redhead sunshine that he loved so much made his day so much better.

Everything was good now. Valentine needed to be arrested but Jace didn't have evidence, he wished though that this bastard wouldn't contact or bother him ever again.