Resting Place

"So how are we going to get out of here?" Thomas said with a groan as he began to sit up. He paused a few inches up when his body felt as if it were going to snap. Letting out a painful cry, he fell back against the bed.

"Don't move!" Alex exclaimed in a commanding voice as he rushed back to Thomas's side. "You were almost dead, and frozen no less. You need time to recover!" Kneeling down beside Thomas, Alex put his hand on Thomas's shoulder and squeezed affectionately. "Take all the time you need to recover. I swear I will protect you, with my very life should the need arise!"

Looking away suddenly, Thomas began to blush. "There you go saying romantic stuff again. Where do you get off on being so noble? I can manage on my own you know!" 

"I know you can, but that doesn't mean I won't try and protect you regardless." Alex replied, squeezing Thomas's shoulder tighter. "You are the most important person in my life Thomas. Is it really so bad that I want to protect you?"

"It is when I know you only want to get into my pants." 

Letting go suddenly, Alex took a step back leaving Thomas's shoulder cold and empty. "You know, believe it or not Thomas, I want more from you than just your body." He paused for a second, his voice beginning to quiver. "I am always thinking about you, night and day I desire you, and not just in a sexual way. I just don't know how to express my longing for you. I want you, and only you. We may have not known each other very long, but I know that you are the one for me. As such, I am going to do everything that I can to protect you. Not just for my sexual desires, but because I have a genuine desire for you, and nothing you say or do is going to change that..."

"Alex..." Thomas whispered as he turned around to look at him. His eyes were quivering, and Thomas suddenly felt vulnerable. Laying in bed, with his teacher standing guard over him. He couldn't help but feel guilty for assuming Alex's desires were merely sexual. "Look I'm sorry okay? All you seem to do is push for my body. How was I supposed to know that you wanted to become my partner? All you do is try and touch me and flirt." He paused as the sound of a golem smashed something nearby echoed into the room. 

"That's what people who care about you do." Alex replied as he looked over towards the door with an anxious glance. "They tease you, and desire your company. It's just natural to want that with somebody, isn't it? Haven't you ever been in a relationship before?" Falling silent, Thomas lay there uncomfortably as Alex looked at him. "Really, you've never been in a relationship? How is that even possible? You're like the perfect partner! You're versatile, tactical, emotional, and we both know you should be proud of what's between your legs! How could you have never been in a relationship before?" 

Blushing furiously, Thomas tried to change the subject. "Let's focus on how to get out of here okay? We can talk about your pervert tendencies when we are safe from these golems."

"Is that a promise?" 

Thomas's mouth dropped in shock. "You really know how to kill a mood man, I saw you as a decent human being for like two seconds, and now you're going back to your perverted self. Why am I not surprised." Attempting to sit up again, he managed to get halfway up before collapsing. "Look, I don't think I am going to be able to walk any time soon."

"Then I'll carry you!" Alex suggested, "I'm super strong, and you can rest easy! Perfect plan, let's do this!" 

"Wait!" Thomas practically shrieked out in pain as Alex pushed his hands under Thomas. Stopping as his hands slid under Thomas's legs and shoulders. "What about the golems? How are we going to make it past them? It's not like we have an invisibility cloak or something to get past them. What happens if one of them spots us?"

"Well then we take care of it when it happens!" Alex replied, lifting Thomas gingerly into his arms. "Besides, if you get scared you should be able to use your magic right? Until then, just trust that I will protect you, and we will be fine!"