Journal #3

When I next awoke, I was laying in the most comfortable bed I had ever felt. I wondered if everything that had happened was really just a dream. I lazily rotated in bed, feeling the soft silk bed sheets slide across my body. Pulling the blanket closer to my head, I took in a deep breath and enjoyed the warmth that radiated out from the thick white blanket. I felt my toes still covered and groggily processed the length of the blanket before taking in another deep breath. A soft knock on the door startled me from my dream-like state.

"Good morning little one." The silky voice from before said gently, sending shivers down my spine, jolting me from my daze. 

If he's real, then everything else is too! He thought, keeping his eyes closed while trying to keep his eyes from watering. The bitter grief began to seep into my soul, and no amount of blanket could numb the pain of remembering his father's death. I let out another sigh and tried to hold back my tears as I lay still. The man's large hand gently squeezed my shoulder, and I shivered again, my eyes opening just enough to see him in casual clothing. "Where's your robe?" I asked numbly, trying to keep my voice from shaking as I looked at his simple garment.

The man squeezed my shoulder lightly again as he sat down beside me. His face was clean shaved, and his deep blue eyes seemed warm and inviting compared to the turmoil that swam deeply before. "We don't wear our robes in the castle. We wear plainclothes here unless preparing for a mission. Did you sleep okay, how's your head doing?" He asked quickly with concern,

"I slept well enough, and my head feels fine..." I replied softly, looking up to the man's muscular jawline. Feeling somewhat anxious as the silence began to wash over them, I tried to break the silence. "I-I know I said I would join you, and I'm not trying to back out or anything. But, can I ask a few questions about all of this?" The man nodded his head silently, blinking his eyes slowly as I sat up. Sitting up slowly with my back to the wall, I softly rubbed my eyes. Pausing for a moment, I looked at him and wasn't sure what to say. "What's your name?" I blurted out suddenly.

"My name?" The man repeated in surprise as his eyebrows raised. "You were taken to a castle by two strange men in robes, and your first question is what's your name?" I felt my cheeks began to pinken as he began to laugh. "My name is Colin, but we don't use names in this cult, especially if we are gathering somebody for the monthly sacrifice." He explained while  terror flooded my system. He started laughing more heartily as I quickly tried to get out of bed and flee, but his large hand grabbed my shoulder, holding me in place. "I'm kidding little one, don't be scared! I told you that I was going to protect you, killing you would make me a liar, wouldn't it?"

"Stop calling me little one!" I replied, my cheeks burning hot. "I have a name you know, it's Paul!"

"Paul?" Colin repeated slowly, letting the name roll off his tongue. "No, I don't think I will use that name. I much prefer little one, it's much cuter. He took his hand off my shoulder and let it rest on the bed beside him as I felt my cheeks burning hotter. "I hope you don't mind, but I did have to change you out of your soiled clothing. You smelled quite foul, and I didn't want you to make a mess in my bed."

"You what!" I cried out embarrassed as I quickly scooted back till my back hit the cold stone wall. "Y-You undressed me, and changed me?" I watched as he scooted himself further onto his bed, then lay his head down on the pillow beside me. Laying down flat on the bed, he slowly stretched his long tan legs on the bed.

"I did, you had completely soiled your clothing. I think my temporary partner put something into your food aside from the sleeping draft I gave him. Your bowel movements must have been liquid, and it went clear down to your legs. Don't worry though, I was most gentle with your, not so little one," Colin smirked as he looked at my legs. "but it was crusted over quite heavily. It only took me a few hours though."