Training

"You've been riding my ass for hours Alex," Thomas complained, letting his sword lower towards the ground. "Can't we take a break?" 

"Sure, let's all just take a break, have tea shall we? The Flara are trying to kill you Thomas. They don't care how long you have been practicing. This would be the best time for them to strike. You are worn out, and you dropped your guard! You would be dead by now if I was a Cantorian!" Alex lunged forward, blade in hand aiming for Thomas's heart. "Never drop your guard!" He cried out as Thomas stumbled backwards. Trying to avoid the attack. "Come now Thomas, show me that young man youth! I've hardly broken a sweat!"

Rolling to the side to avoid the fatal slash, Thomas glared at him. His sword hand had gone numb from the extra weight hours ago. "You have some inhuman level of stamina! It's not normal!" 

"Oh stop it, you're making me blush!" Alex replied sarcastically, as he took a menacing step towards him closing in the gap between the two. "Swordplay isn't the only thing I have inhuman levels of stamina in you know!" 

Thomas's cheeks began to burn. "You dirty old man, lay off with the sex stuff okay!" 

A subtle laugh made Thomas look over to Alex confused. "You just assumed I meant sex, I said nothing of the sort. I see it's on your mind though, good to know!" Thomas's cheeks burned even hotter than they had before. "Hey, if you want to share a bed with me I'd be happy to!"

"No thank you!" Thomas replied lifting his sword back to the ready as Alex lunged at him again. Their blades began to dance once more as their bodies moved almost synchronously to counter each other. 

Parrying each of Thomas's attacks with the flick of his wrists Alex noticed Thomas was slowly going to the point of exhaustion. His attacks were becoming sluggish, and his counters were barely quick enough to stop the attacks. "Where's that magic flare I saw burn off my good hand Thomas? You've got a robe now, so you can fight without fear of being disrobed!" He threw another trio of slashes at Thomas disarming him. The blade fell to the floor beside Thomas as he fell to his knee's. "Aww, is play time over already?" 

"I tried to forfeit an hour ago, again a few minutes ago. You won't let me catch my breath!" Thomas said in a defeated tone. "I have no chance of beating you with swordplay alone." 

"Well then I shall claim you as my reward." Alex replied, a cocky grin growing wide. "I've been meaning to do this for a while anyway, now might as well beat the dead horse and all that." He squatted down in front of Thomas and began leaning forward to kiss him. A determined smile formed on Thomas's lips as Alex drew closer. Their lips only inches away, Thomas sprang forward shoving Alex backwards with all of his strength. "Wha-" Was all he had time to say before he was flat on his back with a sword pointed against his throat. 

"You will never claim me you old pervert!" Thomas replied with a confident gleam in his eyes. "I said I had no chance at beating you with swordplay alone. That doesn't mean I plan on giving you my body! I just had to change tactics. Adapting and changing to the surroundings is how I survive, that's what I'm good at!" Alex lay there stunned, looking up at Thomas with a mixture of surprise and joy. 

Rolling away from the blade Alex stood back up, holding his hands up in a defensive posture. "You definitely got me there, I thought I was finally going to get to kiss you. Thomas rolled his eyes, but before he had a chance to respond Alex was in front of him. His hand on Thomas's blade handle, and his stump was under Thomas's neck. "Never let your guard down! Rule number one!" He leaned forward quickly kissing Thomas on the cheek. "Let's take a break, you've been practicing a good deal of time today. You've made progress though! I'm proud of you!"

Thomas stood there stunned, Alex had just kissed him. There was no aggression, or bitterness from the change of tactics from swordplay to manipulation. Alex even said he was proud of him. A whirl of emotions began swimming through his head as his fingers began shaking. Dropping the sword, his fingers continued to vibrate as the blade clanged against the packed dirt floor. Why am I not mad at him for kissing me? That was totally uncalled for! He thought annoyed at himself by the fact he wasn't annoyed by Alex's kiss. His hand soon began to vibrate more furiously until it felt as if it was going to explode. Bending down to get the sword, his fingers touched the cold steel. Light immediately blasted from the sword sending a large wave of white-hot light towards Alex's back. "Look out!" Thomas screamed out as the bolt of energy connected with Alex's back.