I feel so dark and twisted.

I hate the way that my eyes no longer sparkle, how my hair looks dead from all the bleach that has gone into it, just to make it into that perfect blonde shade, I can even see my fucking ribs now. That is just how far I have lost myself.

I am merely existing on this planet, not really living.

I scowl at myself, my face scrunching up into something ugly as I push myself away from the basin and walk out of the small, dingy bathroom. I go to my room, ignoring the bland white walls and lack of personality in the small space as I search for my blue jeans, white T-Shirt and white slip on flats.

I quickly grab the clothes, chuck them onto my tall but small frame before grabbing the denim jacket that hangs from the top of my door.

I swipe an apple from the kitchen before grabbing my tote bag, and begin my ten minute walk to my school.

I begin to eat my apple as my eyes scan the pretty white houses, thinking about the nice families that most likely live in them. Then again, maybe behind the white houses lays an ugly truth. You just never really know what is going on behind the closed doors.

Kind of like me, on the outside I might be a pretty site, but on the inside? I'm rotting away and I'm not doing anything to stop it.

I arrive at school fifteen minutes before the first class begins, I begin my walk up the daunting steps, apple core in hand and trying desperately to ignore the stares that I am receiving.

I know what they think of me and in all honesty? It's my own fucking fault. My fault for not confronting the rumours surrounding my name, letting them fester instead, allowing them to get worse and worse. My fault, because I loved the stupid fucking attention.

Now I wish for it all to disappear and for me to vanish with it.

"Veronica, wait up will you?" Exclaims a high pitched, irritating voice that belongs to Kayla McDuffy. I don't even bother to turn around, knowing that her short frame with her brunette locks will be rushing up the stairs to meet with me.

Kayla and I have a very strange and strained relationship. We are technically 'Best Friends' when in actuality; we are anything but. We hate each other, she has always tried her best to climb the social status ladder and take my place at the top. At this point and in all honesty, I think it's about high time I gave the title to the little 'society groveller', I no longer want any part of it.

"What's up Kayla?" I ask, a little timid if I'm being honest.

"Are you coming out clubbing with me and the girls tonight or what?" She huffs out in a rush and I lift an eyebrow in response, still not turning around to face her. "I text you all the damn time but you never respond, to be honest it's really starting to piss me off."

I turn and muster the dirtiest look I can. She stops in her tracks and looks at me with wide blue eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you? I don't fucking like texting people, let alone calling people. If you ask me to go somewhere, you ask me in fucking person." I respond scowling.

"Jesus, Okay." She responds, throwing her hands up in the air in surrender. "No need to yell at me, I am just simply saying that it would be nice to have a response from you once in a while."

"Oh just fuck off Kayla." I nearly yell at her, before realising we're already bringing in a crowd as it is.

Great.

"I don't even know why Kayla is friends with her! She is always such a bitch to her friends." Whispers a voice from the sidelines, I don't even bother to even try to find the source of the voice. There is no point, people believe what they want to believe. I am not putting my energy to try and prove that I am a 'good' person, I am not going to be around here for much longer.