Fifty-Four: Change

MADISON'S POV

Today was January 6th, Brianna's birthday. I had asked Calum about a week prior to this, and he said it was fined I went. The weather was nice, so I went to pick out my outfit, and pack my bag. She would be meeting me at the park around eleven, and I was helping her setup her party when we walked back to her house.

I put on a white lace crop top, it's covered completely though, that rests around my belly button. I slip on a pair of shorts and my black converse, and a white knit beanie because I don't care how hot it is. My makeup is already done, so I see it's around eleven, so I grab my bag and get ready to go.

I see Ashton when I go into the kitchen, to grab an apple.

"Uh, where are you going?" he questions, raising an eyebrow. I swallow my apple.

"Brianna's party, Calum didn't tell you? He said it was fine." i say, clutching her gift in my arms.

"Not dressed like that you aren't." he skims my outfit, I scoff. It's not revealing really, my stomach shows just a bit.

"What's wrong with it? You don't like it? All the girls where shirts like is at school. This isn't even in school either." I pout.

"No, You can't go out like that Madison!" he raises his voice, Michael entering the kitchen. "Michael, tell her she can't go to Brianna's dresses like that." Michael skims my outfit.

"Madison, you can't go out like that, go change." he points to the stairs, leaving the kitchen.

"I don't understand what's wrong with my outfit!" I exclaim at Ashton.

"I won't have my daughter going out looking... Looking like a hooker!" he shouts, I flinch. I sigh in frustration.

"I'm not dressed like a hooker! And I'm not your daughter either! I- I hate you!" I scream at him running to my room.

"Forget about Brianna's party!" he shouts as I slam my bedroom door shut, putting her present on my chair, and my bag. I huff, sitting down. It's eleven now, I should be there.

I sit in my room as time passes, feels like hours. It was only five minutes though, and I need to be there. I can't stand her up, especially not on her birthday. I need to be there.

I jump up in excitement as I grab my bag, and her present. I put the present bag into my backpack carefully, and go over to my window. I'm not in front of the back doors, so I drop my bag down. I then close my eyes, compose myself, and lean out.

I grab the tree in front of me, and let my body hang for a minute. I could live if I landed the right way from here, people jump out of three, four story buildings and are fine, as long as they land feet first, knees bent, crouching.

I won't take my chances, I shimmy to the end of the branch, getting to the base of the tree, and slowly making my way down. I finally jump when I'm about four feet off the ground, grabbing my bag and running. I run and instead of the gates, I shimmy through the bushes. I then run to the park, meeting her in the swings.

If I'm caught, which is most likely, I won't let them know I used my window. I'll say I snuck out, and that'll be that. It's a good thing they don't know where Brianna lives, so they won't fund me until tomorrow, when I'm home.

As I see Brianna get up and smile at me from the swings, I sigh in relief. I'm ready to forget about this, and face whatever happens tomorrow.

ASHTON'S POV

I run my fingers through my hair. I sigh, why was I so hard in her? Why am I such an ass?

Does she really hate me? Did she really mean that? She probably did, I'm such a douche. Why did I freak out on her? I honestly don't know why I flipped out on her, but I might have just ruined things.

See, we were always really close, from the beginning, we just had a bond. Her and Michael were close too, but not as close as us. Now, I think maybe I just ruined all of that. Her words replay in my head over and over.

I run into the living room, all of the boys watching the Kardashian's. I shake my head ignoring it, as blush rises into their cheeks.

"I fucked up. She said she hated me!" I cry, freaking out again. This is a different way though.

"Did she really? She's never even said that to me dude, what did you do?" Luke sighs, turning off the tv.

I explain the story to them, and pout. I honestly don't know why I'm such an ass, or why I reacted the way I did, maybe it's because she went to James' house the other night, but whatever it is, needs to go away.

"Dude, go apologize to her, and offer to drive her." Calum encourages, and I do just that.

I march up to her room, and knock on the door. No answer. I knock on it again, before speaking.

"Madison, I'm sorry. You can go to Brianna's party, just come on out." I sigh, but she doesn't answer. I open her door, to see an empty room, and scream.

A/N

Yay another update! Her and Ashton fought😱

im sorry if you guys don't like this story anymore, did I ruin It? I feel as if you hate it:-(

Anyways, I wanted to check again, and see if you guys wanted a sequel, or a epilogue and that be the end. They both change the complete direction of the story, and go complete different ways and plots.

But I'm sad because this book keeps getting closer and closer to the end and it's rapidly going, it might be over in the next week or two, I don't know. I love writing this book,and it makes me happy when you guys enjoy reading it.