Fifty-One: Stories

MADISON'S POV

"I'm sorry." James blurts out free he pulls away from our kiss, running back inside to get back to work, leaving me standing outside like an idiot, speechless.

See, James was the only person to ever render me speechless, and now that we're broken up he still finds a way. I end up standing outside for a good five minutes, laughing at myself. I'm probably scaring the people walking by, and I don't even know why I'm laughing.

I compose myself enough, and walk back into the café to see the food has arrived and everyone looks relieved to see me inside now.

"What did he say?" Mali asks, eating her soup, everyone seems interested in this story, but I couldn't care less.

"He just apologized and told me why he did it...." I trail off. "Then he kissed me and ran back inside." I finish, mumbling the last part a bit quieter.

I don't know what's up with me, but James does something to me. Maybe that's the reason I've avoided him this whole time, instead of confronting him or doing anything but bump shoulders in the hall.

I'll admit, I definitely still do have some feeling for him, but it's not love. I think it's just because he was my first relationship and it ended like that.

That's what I convince myself, and know that I won't date James ever again.

"Ugh, boys. We can leave if you want, go home?" Liz questions, looking to everyone who agrees.

"No, I'm fine really. Don't let me ruin the day, I promise I'm okay." I assure, but I'm not exactly sure myself.

"Okay, but we can go home whenever, do the other things another day." I shake my head, continuing to eat lunch, and we start telling stories again.

I listen for a while about the stories from everyone about how the boys were when they were little. The boys weren't life long best friends, but Luke, Calum, and Michael all went to the same school.

I found out things like how Calum used to take in stray animals all the time, or how Michael would eat the dogs food, because he thought it tasted good. Or Luke, who refused to wear diapers but would go to the bathroom under the couch cushions if someone was in the bathroom. How Ashton drummed on everything, and once resulted in him falling down the stairs.

Actually, Ashton was drumming on the stairs, sitting at the top. Ashton being Ashton, somehow tipped himself over and fell down the stairs. Idiot.

"Okay, so when I the boys first adopted me, we went outside and there was a crowd of paparazzi. The boys, seemingly split up and rushed to the farm and just left me there. I sat there for two hours before they finally came back, two hours. I think they went and got lunch or something before coming back." we laugh, and I'm having a good time. I'm bonding with the boys families, and telling stories that the boys probably wouldn't want them knowing. What could be better?

"How do they leave you there for two hours before returning?!" Lauren exclaims, us laughing do hard we all have tears in our eyes. I tell them other stories too, like how I broke my leg and how Luke dropped me on the concrete, and a lot of things.

"These boys are terrible." Karen sighs and I nod.

"There was this one time, it was the first time Lacey and them slept at my house right? Well long story short we pranked all of them, sharpies, whipped cream, berries, and we dyed Luke's hair. We then ran and hid, and when they were looking for us we found a secret room, and followed it, eventually ending up in a surveillance room, and then being captured by one direction and going into a nerf war in the span of 12 hours. That probably sounds like I'm crazy." I laugh, and for once I feel happy. Not thinking of anything that's happened between my old friends, or me and Luke, or before any of this. Just happy.

I've never been depressed or anything, but I've been sad, those thoughts always seem to come back, and sooner or later they will, but for now I'll be happy.

"They told me not to tell you guys any stories, in fear you'd kill them."

"Ah, well none of them are that bad yet, most of them are funny. Tell us the worst." Anne speaks, looking to me.

The worst? Well, I guess that would be the most recent. Besides Luke kissing me. That thought brings shivers to my spine.

"Well, the boys were fighting when I got home from school, letting the cookies burn. Whenever I tried to go around them, they'd move and continue fighting. I'd never seen them lash out and scream at each other, and I carefully listened in, to the conversation."

"Luke was saying how 'it was a mistake' and 'their lives were ruined.' the other boys got mad at him, and I did figure out why. The fight was about me." my heart hurts remembering how Luke hates me that much. I shouldn't care though. I let the gasps fill in before continuing.

"Soon, they were in a full on fist fight, and i tried to stop them, but I was punched, and kicked in the knees, causing my to fall backwards and roll down the hill as my vision blurred, and then I was out. I woke up in the hospital, which is when I found out I was related to Michael, and of course Karen, actually. I was on crutches until recently, actually."

I sigh, telling them the story, and watching how their expressions changed. Now, they're one of horror and maybe even some disgust.

I look around, expecting someone to speak. It's silent.

"That's terrible, how do you live with these boys?" Mali asks, worried.

"It's not easy, and you're related to one of them. I actually slapped him a few times, bruised his jaw once. It was fun." I smile stupidly, causing the table to chuckle a bit.

"Well that's horrible. We'll confront our boys later, especially Luke." Liz notes and I nod, mind of worried about them being confronted. Oh well, can't stop them now. I sigh, as we finish our lunch, before finally leaving the café, and on to our next stop on girls day.

A/N

Hello everybody !

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 50K YOU DONT KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU GUYS MAKE ME OMG I DIDN'T THINK I WOULD EVER GET THIS MANY READS, ON ANY STORY FOR THAT MATTER AND I DONT KNOW HOW BECAUSE IM SHIT AT WRITING AND I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, BUT ALL OF YOU GET COOKIES, THEY'RE WAITING FOR YOU AT THE STORE HA SORRY I CAN'T MAKE YOU COOKIES AND MAIL THEM OUT

I'm addicted to a new app, its called The Battle Cats and it's honestly so stupid and pointless but amazing and I love it ha

Maybe I'll update again, maybe I wont(; but be expecting more updates this week then normal, because I hit 50k today so yayyyyy. But I still have to check my Kim Kardashian