Twenty-Eight: OTP

MADISON'S POV

The boys woke me up by shaking me, which hurt me. Like a lot. They were fresh bruises and they hurt, but nobody knew they were there. The boys also snooker my sides, which was where it hurt the most. But before I remembered that nobody knew they were there, I made a mistake.

"Ow! Don't touch me!" I instantly regret it, because the boys looked very confused as to why I was hurt.

"We came to get you for dinner. What happened?" I scan their faces of concern. Even Luke looks concerned about this, he looks the most concerned actually.

"Just sore from gym, s'all. Let's go eat." I get up, much to my dismay. I act normal through the pain, just so they don't notice. They seem skeptical, but shrug it off as I act normal, making me cringe in pain but they walk behind me, so it's fine I guess. I walk into the dining room and take my normal seat and look at what we're having for dinner. Tacos.

It probably would've been fun to make these with the boys, throwing lettuce at each other now and then. But even if I tried it would hurt a lot. We dig in to our tacos and have the normal talk around the table and as I finish I rush out of the room, and slowly reach my bedroom. I sigh in relief before I realize I haven't down my homework. I groan getting my bag and pulling out my homework and doing all of it, finishing at 10:30 and crawling into bed, ignoring all the pain in my side and sleeping.

•••

*spongebob narrator voice*

ONE WEEK LATER

As I walk out of school on friday, I can still barely walk without having pain all in my torso. My friends questioned me the next day and I shrugged it off, the seniors have also sent me dirty looks and snicker if I should pain from my side. I'm hoping this will all blow away when I'm healed though, because if it doesn't I don't know what I'll do. The boys have also been picking me up everyday because if I'm sore I shouldn't be walking, or so they say.

I also have my date with James tonight and my stomach flutters at the thought. Josh and I got together on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and finished our project earning a B+ on it. We did a pretty good job, and it was really just a getting to know your group project do it was simple. I don't have homework this weekend, and my date starts at 6 so I have about 4 hours to get ready. As I walk into the house on Friday, I make sure not to let the boys see I'm still in pain.

"How was school Madison?" Ashton asks, embracing me and doesn't notice when I cringe.

"Good. Can I go out with a friend at 6? It's the same one from last week." I say and he nods and yells to the other boys letting them know. Luke and I have slowly been getting better, but we have that love-hate relationship. Did I jut say love? Wait, no. It's just an expression.

"You wanna watch a movie with us? We're watching divergent. We have popcorn" he holds the last letter out and I laugh, walking into the living room. Divergent has been, and always will be, one of my favorite books and movies.

"NO, WHY, I CAN'T, UGH" I yell, throwing popcorn at the telly. Its not my fault, Tris' mom just died leave me alone. The boys laugh and my reaction and I slap whoever's chest is next to me, turning out to be Michael's as it vibrates with laughter. I huff as I cross my arms, flinching them back to my sides and we continue the movie.

By the end of the movie, my cheeks are dry with tears from watching both of her parents die. You can't tell me that it's not sad for that to happen, you just can't. But Tris and Tobias are okay which makes me smile at least. They are definitely my OTP. I have a lot of those actually.

Once I get upstairs, I hop in the shower and shave and just wash my whole body. I shampoo and condition my hair before climbing out and rushing to my closet to pick out something to wear. He told me to wear something I'd be comfortable in, but will keep me cool. I search for what feels like ever before finding the perfect outfit.