Year 4; chapter 9: Forgiveness and Fire

Arabella's POV:
" Dragon's!" I shouted at Harry," that's insane!"
" Shh! Will you keep it down please I don't need the whole school wondering how I got this information," he shushed me.
We were sitting on a bench in the court yard.
" Sorry," I apologized," it's too dangerous Harry. What are you going to do?" I asked.
He looked above my shoulder and I turned to see what he was looking at. I spotted Professor Moody calling him over.
I turned back at Harry. " Can we talk later? I really need to speak to him," he looked over at Mad-eyes direction.
" Yeah go for it.It looks like it's important," I finished getting up. He also got up and gave me hug,"Good luck," I waved as he walked over to Mad-eye.
------------------------------------
I made way to the Gryffindor common room with three bags full of the goodies I had purchased at honeydukes.
I had originally wanted to keep some of the sweets for myself to consume during the first talk, but I didn't want any bitter reminder about my fight with Draco, which is why I decide to give them all away to my only friends at the time.

" Can you just call them please," I begged the fat lady.
She gave me a skeptic look and left. Minutes later Hermione and Ron walked through the portrait.
"Hey Arabella," Ron said hugging me," finally left Malfoy and decided to talk to us again." Hermione nudged him on the side.
" What he meant-" Hermione began, but I cut her off," It's fine," I raised my hand to quiet her," he's a slimy git anyways."
" What's in the bags?" Ron asked pointing at the bags in my hands. "These," I held them up higher for them to see," are a gift from me to you," I gave them each a bag. Ron's eyes sparked in excitement when he realized that they were full of sweets. He's such a child sometimes.
" You're the best," he gave me a quick hug and then began rummaging through the bag," Thank you Arabella. It's a very sweet gesture."
I shrugged," No biggie I just thought you guys should have something to snack on while you supported Harry in the first task tomorrow," they tensed as soon as I mentioned his name.
"where is he by the way," I asked," I brought him a bag too."
Hermione answered," Last time I heard he was with Professor Moody."
" Okay well, can you make sure you give these to him for me," I held the bag out to Hermione. "Yeah I think I can do that," She smiled and hugged me," I'm not angry at him you know," she whispered to me before turning around and heading back into the common room. Ron gave me a small smile," Thanks again," he said before following Hermione.
" Thank you," I motioned to the fat lady. She responded with a nod.

As I entered the common room I heard the most annoying giggles and girlish screams.
"Ugh," I groaned walking past Draco and the annoying Pansy on the love seat. It's a bit ironic that in that same seat he was yelling at her telling her that he would never want her a couple of nights ago.
"Is there a problem Knight?" Draco sneered at me. I noticed a hint of regret as soon as he said that to me, but he quickly regained his composure.
I felt tears begin to pool up in my eyes but I willed myself to stop. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry.
" Jealous are you now little miss perfect who thinks she has every guy wrapped around her precious little finger," Pansy said to me with an evil smirk on her face.
" I don't even think that, but now that you mention it, I think you're jealous because no guy takes any interest in a vile bitch like you," I spat back. She looked as if she wanted to hex me, but she wasn't the only one.I wanted to hex her back. I was so angry that all of a sudden the fire in the fireplace grew and threateningly shot out. I willed myself to call down and as soon as I did the fire went back to normal. I was confused and afraid that my emotions got the best of me. Draco looked at my scared face and saw the tear slip from my eye. His face told me he knew. I turned to leave to my dorm and I felt someone grab my arm. I turned back facing Draco who was holding my arm. He had a pleading look in his eyes, but I pulled my arm away from his grasp and ran to my dorm.

I landed face down on my bed. My bed sank as someone sat next to me and began playing with my hair.
" Do you want to talk?," they asked.
"You mean like you've been talking to me this whole time," I scoffed at Analisa while I turned to look her in the face.
She looked hurt at my remark which made me feel a bit bad.
"I'm sorry," she pleaded," I was stupid and I let some stupid guy get in the way of our friendship. He never noticed me and I just feel like an ass," she hung her head down ashamed," I understand if you're mad at me Bells, I totally understand, but I miss you," She finished looking back up at me. I hugged her," I forgive you."

The rest of the night we talked and caught up. It was great to have her back.
" So what happened between you and Draco," she asked," he's all over Pansy now."
I wrinkled my nose," Don't even mention that bitch to me," I told her.
"Okay, but what about Draco. He changed when he was with you," she looked at me hoping I would answer.
I sighed and looked down," I rejected him and he thought I was toying with him. It really broke my heart," I looked up at her," I know you might not want to hear it,but I really liked and cared for him, but I felt like I would betray you ," I finished.
She stared with me for a while.
" Arabella I'm so sorry," she placed a hand on my knee," You guys looked perfect together and you both looked happy," she smiled at me," plus I'm over him. It was just school girl crush, but what you two had was different." she finished.
" Thank you, but he's with Pansy now," I said disappointed.
She jumped out of bed," That's where you're wrong. He hasn't asked her to be his girlfriend," she exclaimed," Pansy doesn't stop fantasizing about the day he will ask her." I felt a glimmer or hope. " Why do you think he hasn't asked her?" I questioned Analisa.
" It's pretty obvious that he's still hung up on you just by the way he always stares at you. You'd be a fool not to notice," she finished.
"Well than I guess that makes me a fool," I sighed as I fell back on my bed.

Could he still care for me? I hoped it was true because my heart yearned for him and all of the cute gestures that seemed reserved for me only.
I screwed up. He wanted me and I blew him off. I realized it was my turn to seek him out. Even if we couldn't go back to the way we were, in that weird are we dating or not phase, I still wanted my friend back. He was the only one that I trusted to know about my gift. Hopefully he would give me a chance.