Year 4; chapter 6:Black Lake

Draco's POV:

I cant believe she just stood there laughing at me alongside Potter. Actually I cant believe I'm even hurting over her. I am Draco Malfoy and I have girls lining up waiting for me to aw knowledge there existence.
But she was different. Her smile and the way she carried herself made me attracted to her. She wasn't like any of the other slytherin girls.Yes, she had her moments , but that's only because she was sorted into slytherin. She was the ideal girl that my parents wanted for me which is why they insisted we become friends, but I genuinely wanted to be her friend. Being the big ass I am, I kind of ruined it when that Durmstrang guy became interested in her.

We're actually very alike. Both of us have our death eater families breathing down our necks not giving us a chance to think for ourselves. The only difference between Arabella and I is that she has kindness in her heart and isn't afraid to defy her parents a little by hanging out with gryffindors.

I heard someone running down in my direction. That's odd? No one really comes down to the black lake. They were getting closer. I swear if its Mad-eye... I turned and yanked my wand out from my robe," What do y-"

Arabella's POV:
"Hey!" I crouched low," It's just me!" He put his wand down." What are you doing here," he spat. " I came to look for you.I was worried," I responded. I was being sincere and I hope he could see that."Yeah you're so worried that you couldn't stop laughing when that idiot of a professor turned me into a ferret," he sarcastically responded.
" Draco, I'm being honest. I'm sorry for laughing at you. I know it was wrong, but you haven't exactly been the nicest to me and I couldn't help it."I said reaching out for his arm .
He looked down to where I was holding his arm. And then he caught me by surprise,"I'm sorry too." he said taking hold of both my hands,"I've been an arse to you and you don't deserve it," he finished looking into my eyes.
" Draco can we just be friends please," I placed one of my hands on his cheek. He leaned into it closing his eyes for a second," I would like that more than anything."

We looked into each others eyes some more and then slowly our faces began to lean in. We were literally a breath apart when I turned away," Here I have something to show you," I pulled him along with our hands intertwined towards the lake. I don't know what possessed me to do what I was about to do next, but I felt like I could trust him.

"What I am about to show you must remain a secret between you and I. My life could be at risk if anyone found out," I looked at him nervously. "You can trust me Bells," he said reaching out and tucking a strand pf hair behind my ear. I felt shivers when he said that nickname.
I crouched down by the water and placed my hand over it. With a simple tought I willed it to rise in a water tornado above the water. Draco looked absolutely shocked yet curious . I wasn't ready to tell him yet that I could control all 4 elements ," I can control the element of water." With wide eyes he responded," You're beautifully gifted Arabella," he took hold of both my hands standing me up,"Thank you for trusting me." I smiled up at him.
" No, thank you for letting me know that I can trust you," he pulled me into an amazing hug. I could smell his cologne and he also smelled faintly of green apples. I rested my head on his chest while I felt him kiss the top of my head. I was crazy blushing so i'm glad he couldn't see my face. He pulled away," Why don't we head back inside to the common room," he laced his hand with mine,"it's gotten a bit chilly."

And with that we headed back to the common room hand in hand. I felt truly happy after not feeling that way in so long.