Year 4; chapter 4:Their arrival

Arabella's POV:
Up until the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrival on October 30th ,teachers kept piling up work. I didn't mind it as much because Hermione always helped whenever I needed help.
After talking to Harry on the way to defense against the dark arts I decided to talk to my Gryffindor friends again.
Analisa and I had figured thing out but we were still on shaky terms.
Draco on the other hand went back to ignoring my existence, which believe it or not hurt me because we had agreed to be civil.
I was trying to fight my impulses and stick to what I had agreed on un first year, but I found myself yearning for him.

I began practicing my element control a bit more each day. I was becoming more powerful and I didn't need to focus all of my energy to control them.
All it took was a simple thought.
Although I began to be more careful after I heard someone walking around near the lake last time.

We were sitting in the Great Hall awaiting for our guests that Hogwarts would be hosting for the Tri Wizarding Championship.
Analisa was siting across from me in our usual spot.
" Why did they add an extra table next to the edge? We choose this spot so we wouldn't be in the middle of anyone," I said rolling my eyes.
"Will you stop being so anti-social for once. What happened to that fun almost Gryffindor girl over the summer?" Lisa said glaring at me.
"You know what happened so stop acting so oblivious, It's not going to change things," I glared back standing my ground.
Her face softened,"I'm sorry, okay? I just hate seeing you this way. Maybe you need to hang out with the Weasley twins again and do some pranks."
I laughed, "wait you're actually encouraging my immature antics?"
"I just hate seeing you upset. This summer must've been hell for you. Your father shouldn't have made you go through that."
"It's okay," I tucked my hair back behind my ear.
Lisa opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off when Dumbledore began to speak.

"Madam Maxime and Beauxbatons we welcome you to Hogwarts," he motioned to the entrance of the Great Hall and began to clap, we all followed his lead and clapped while facing the entrance.
A bunch of girls dressed in blue silky dresses came in gracefully "ohhing" and " ahhing" being followed by a trail of sparkling butterflies.
All of the boys began oogling them and some even wolf whistled before Professor McGonagall gave them a stern glare.
Their silky dresses made their behinds look very flattering and I suddenly felt self conscious.
" How pathetic," Analisa mentioned rolling her eyes.
I could tell she was also feeling the same way by the redness creeping itself on her cheeks.
"Oh stop it will you," I giggled throwing a napkin at her.
I looked over at Draco and I noticed him looking at them too.
For some odd reason I felt...jealous.
Some of those girls were definitely prettier than I was and they also had more of a womanly figure.
Unfortunately my chest and hips were still under development.
I wouldn't doubt if at least one of them was a veela.
They're quite common back in France.

"And now may I present Igor Karkaroff and Durmstrang," once again Dumbledore clapped.
Now it was the girls turn to clap and oogle the handsome guys coming in.
They entered doing these tricks and boy were they handsome.
Analisa and I got up and clapped for the boys earning us annoyed glances by the slytherins and stern glares from McGonagall.
We sat down sheepishly, but not before I noticed Viktor Krum!
I instantly glanced at Ron at the Gryffindor table,"It's him!," I mouthed
"I know!" he mouthed back with excitement.
Bloody hell! Viktor Krum is at Hogwarts!!
I wasn't the biggest quidditch fan, but I know talent when I see it.
And boy was he talented.

They neared the front of the great hall and a phoenix engulfed in flames, made by the fire breather, rose high into the sky.
Igor shook hands with Dumbledore and took his place next to his students.

Dumbledore invited us all to sing for our guests.
We all stood up and began out tune,
"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot."

It was embarrassing considering, what the other two school came in doing.
Once that was over Durmstrang sat with the slytherins and Beauxbatons with Ravenclaw and we began the feast.

Halfway through the feast I felt someone tap my shoulder.
I turned around smiling, but it left me once I noticed who tapped my shoulder.
" That was quite a show you and Moon put up," he motioned with his head to Analisa.
"Why do you care considering you haven't spoken to me since the first two days back," I scoffed staring him down.
He didn't expect me to answer him with that tone.
Anger contorted his face and his grey eyes darkened.
" Don't speak to me that way. Don't you remember who I am?" he sneered.

I was bout to respond when the Durmstrang guy sitting next to me stood," Why don't you leave her alone because it clearly looks like she doesn't want to speak to you."
He was tall and handsome and he spoke with a Bulgarian accent.
Draco cowered back and sneered realizing that the guy looked like a 7th year.
As the guy sat back down I placed my hand on his arm, which was muscular by the way," Thank you for defending me. What is your name?"
" Alexander" he replied smirking," Yours?"
"Arabella," I replied with a smile.
Dammit what is it with guys and their smirks.
I turned my attention to the center of the slytherin as I caught Draco staring me. I blushed looking over at Analisa who was raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner and looking at Alexander next to me.

I shot her a stern look warning her to stop.
After crouch explained the rules there was multiple protests, but Dumbledore wasn't having them.
Most of the complaints came from Fred and George with only made things even more amusing.
Once everyone settled down Dumbledore spoke once again.
"Let the tournament begin."

I didn't care much about the tournament, but it did look like it would be a lot of fun.
We would be getting to know all the other students from the different schools.
International global cooperation was important.