Year 4; chapter 1: Aboard The Express

Arabella's POV:
The train had begun to get packed full of everyone attending Hogwarts, but fortunately for me no one had come in to bother me. The big talk on the train was the demonstration that was put up by death eaters during the Quidditch World Cup. I was still a bit upset that my parents didn't let me go but of course they knew about the stupid riot. I actually wouldn't doubt it if my father had been a part of it.

The train soon began to move and I found myself drifting, my eyelids feeling heavy, but of course someone opened my compartment. I turned around with a sneer on my face to look at who dared bother my sleep. All of a sudden I was engulfed into a big bear hug.
"Hey lisa!" I yelled hugging back. My quirky friend plopped into the seat next to me.
"I though you ditched me to go sit with pug face Parkinson," I mentioned with a scowl on my face.
Analisa crossed her arms," You know shes actually not that bad.You just need to start talking to more slytherins." I glared at her crossing my own arms.
"Of course not that I hate your Gryffindor friends because you know I also don't believe in that pureblood bullshit. Im just simply saying that you need to be a bit more social with your own house." she said softening her expression and uncrossing her arms.
I unfolded my arms and sighed"I know but you know I'm not approachable. Guys don't even talk to me" I slumped back in my seat.
"Besides you're the one that all of the guys after".
She gaped at me with her eyes almost falling out of her head," I'm guessing you're blind because you don't seem to notice that half of the slytherin boys try and get your attention."
She huffed at me exasperated.

"No they don't. I'm invisible to them and everyone else just because I don't share the same pureblood ideology as all of the slytherins."
She turned to me with a serious look on her face," Why do you always put yourself down so much? Don't you realize how amazing you are...I wish I was like you."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
She crossed her arms and ignored my question.
"I'm waiting for an answer Lisa," I demanded a bit irritated.
"You're Arabella Knight. Anyone who says doesn't want to be you is lying," she rolled her eyes.

I laughed at her statement," Yeah that explains so much why I only have like five friends; with you being the only one in slytherin."
"Malfoy is your friend isn't he," she mocked.
I threw my jacket at her playfully," You know we haven't been friends ever since we started Hogwarts."
"Well he doesn't think that," she scoffed.
"Again, what the hell do you mean by all of this?"
"Gosh you're so oblivious," she huffed," he tries to talk to you any chance he gets; Even if it's to annoy you."

Did he really annoy me for that reason?
It can't be though.
I thought I made it pretty clear in our first year that I didn't want anything to do with him.

"Well you're wro-"I was cut off by a blonde beast strolling into the compartment.
Don't get me wrong, the blond beast was attractive and my parents have been trying to get us to at least a friendly status again, but he wasn't always the nicest to people and he loved to annoy me.
They would not stop asking about what happened between us when I went back home for Christmas holidays the first year.

"Moon" he nodded at Lisa and then turned back to me with his infamously attractive smirk.
" Knight, you missed the best quidditch match. We saw your blood traitor friends but I couldn't seem to find you anywhere."
He had changed some more over the summer; Not as much as his change from second to third year, but he still changed. His face was more chiseled and his hair was longer. The most noticeable difference was his height.

I hated when anyone talked bad about my friends. Since he was going to act like such an arse I decided to have a little fun of my own.
"Why? Did Malfoy miss me over the summer?" I mocked getting up and giving him my sweetest smile.
He reddened at my remark and looked a bit flustered before regaining his composure.
This was odd for the slytherin prince.

He took a step closer to me where our breaths almost mingled together. Now my face was a bit red and my stomach felt all fuzzy.
"Of course I didn't. I was just wondering since our parents keep insisting that we become friends once again," He said with that smirk on his face.

"Even if you spite me so much it seems like you can't get rid of me. Not even in the comfort of your own home," I mocked.
We were caught in a stare down. Hazel against grey.
"You don't spite me Knight."
What? Did he just say I don't spite him?
I thought that's why he always loved to annoy me.

"Uhm," Lisa cleared her throat, calling our attention back to earth.

Draco smirked before heading towards the door.
He opened the compartment door,but turned back around before leaving," You know Knight, I think its time we become the friends we were as children, and since it looks like it bothers you so much I'm going to make it a priority."
He winked and strolled off into the isle.
I quickly turned to Lisa" Can you believe that arsehole? The nerve of him."
I sighed throwing myself back onto the seat.
My face was a blushing red after being so close to his face.
" And here you are thinking you don't get any guys attention"she said to me smirking.

"Malfoy only does it to bother me. It's not because I have his attention," I scoffed.
"Whether he does it to bother you or not, you still have his attention."
"I mean how many girls, specifically Pansy, would kill to have his attention," she shrieked.

"Well I don't want it. Besides, I already had it before Hogwarts and let me tell you it wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be," I lied.
I miss what we had as kids.
He was my best friend and to this day no one has been able to fill that empty void... Not even Analisa.
If only I wouldn't have been so determined in defying my parents and just be the way the want me to be, then maybe I would still have my best friend.

She threw her arms up in frustration," I give up. You're to stubborn."
"Changing subjects... Are you excited about fourth year?"

"Yes, but I feel like we need to be more social than we have been for the past three years."
"If I'm the reason you've been holding back all these years then stop. Go out and have fun yourself because I rather be isolated," I turned away and looked out the window.

Her tone softened," It's not what I meant Bella. You know that."
I let out a deep breath and faced her again,"I know... Sorry about acting this way, but I really do mean it. Go out and have fun without me. I don't fit in and I don't think I ever will."
"Besides," I chuckled," Malfoy and Parkinson still have everyone shunning me."

She laughed a bit," No one even cares about that anymore. Especially not after they see how hot you've gotten over the summer."
I laughed with her and shoved her shoulder slightly," I only grew a bit more chest and lost some weight. It's really not that much of a difference."

The trolley witch passed and I purchased some chocolate frogs.
Every year I purchase a load of them so I could snack on them during the school year, but thankfully last year we had been allowed to go into hogsmeade.
To say I had an obsession with them was an understatement.

I still remember how Harry had purchased the whole lot in first year and I couldn't buy chocolate frogs.
That was the first time we spoke.
It upset me so much that I went into every compartment attempting to find this mysterious person who had purchased all of the sweets.
He was actually very kind and offered me some once he realized I was upset.

That also happened to be the time I stood up against Draco for the first time.
He had gone in their compartment hoping for a friendship with The Boy Who Lived, but that didn't turn out to be the case.

"Time to get dressed," Analisa got up the seat and headed for the door.
"Wait can you get mine for me please," I pointed at my bag on the top rack.
She was tall unlike me.
"How did you even get it up there," she chuckled as she got my bag.
"I climbed the seat, but since you're here I might as well take advantage."

"See you at the platform," she waved.
I can't wait to see what fourth year has to bring for me.

Arabella Knight will be portrayed by the lovely Lily Collins: http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8s8oyjwOW1r9a1xh.gif