Chapter 34 Zangoose

"Well, let's go then." Anne says, already walking to the other side of the room where the next stairway is. We took a small break and now we're back to it I guess.

The six of us have already completed 17 floors or this supposedly 30 floor dungeon. On our way, we haven't run into anything that holds the description of the item Gabriel was talking about.

Every floor we've gone to, without a boss, has been dealt with by the so called 'hero party'. Whenever there is a boss, I've just grabbed them with telekinesis before they can do anything and dropped them from the ceiling. So far, they've all easily died that way. They aren't smart enough to catch themselves with any kind of magic. I'm not sure if any of them in the 'hero party' know which one of us is actually defeating them so easily.

"You know, I really was hoping for more of a challenge." Eliza says as we all start walking down the stairs towards the next floor.

"Don't jinx us." The, apparently demon, boy named Paul says. I think Paul might know Eliza is also a demon because he acts differently to her than he does to the rest of us.

After walking down the stairs to the 18th floor, we run through the routine of their party taking care of all the monsters. I don't know how there are so many wolves. Even the mid-boss and boss floors had them. Including this floor, we have already taken out 1,710 wolves. After 30 floors, the total would be 4,650, plus the six big guys. Following the same pattern, level 10 dungeon would have 50,500 monsters, plus the 20 other ones.

"Are you sure this item you're looking for is in this place?" I ask Gabriel while continuing on to the next floor.

"I'm quite sure." Even if he sounds so sure, I can sense some doubt building up in his voice. "It could just happen to be at the very end."

"Sure."

Ten floors later, we still have yet to find it. "Well, there isn't much left. You still sure you didn't make a mistake?"

We walk down to the 29th floor where 232 level one wolves and 58 level two lightning an ice wolves await. As usual, we let the other party take care of them and start going down the last stairway.

"Wow, we're already at the last floor!" The elf named Diana says.

"Isn't it exciting?" Anne asks.

"Yeah!" Those two are getting along quite well.

"What's the boss on this level?" Gabriel asks when we near the end of the stairs.

Eliza, somehow, managed to memorize everything Olivia told us about the dungeon. "The normal boss has been named Zangoose, after the dungeon. It is able to use all the common magic types but rarely uses them. It can also use electricity and dark, which is what it will normally use. It is also really big, about as tall as three grown adults."

"That won't be a problem. We'll just do the same thing we've done every time." Gabriel says.

"You mean what we've done?" I ask.

"Oh, you haven't done anything. It was obviously one of those two."

"Actually it's quite the opposite. The two of us have yet to do anything." Eliza says, motioning to Anne.

"Don't make me laugh." He says.

"Can we just get on with it?" I say walking into the final room.

Every floor with a mid-boss or boss has had other monsters. Before the main contender show up we have to get rid of the rest. Of course, we leave that part to the 'heroes'.

After all 300 wolves are taken care of the light in the room disappears.

"Anne if you would." I say.

Anne illuminates the area around us. "I'll help too!" Diana says and she brightens the area in front of us.

In front of us is an innocent-looking pure black puppy. Once grown, I'm sure, it will become vicious.

"Is that Zangoose? I thought you said it was big? That can't even be said to be the size of one of us. Actually, it is about the size of one of us." Gabriel says, obviously referring to me.

"That is definitely not the normal boss. Zangoose would be a dark yellow color, not black." Eliza says.

"Let's kill it." Paul says.

"Not so fast there." Gabriel holds a hand up towards him.

I notice something on the front leg of the wolf in front of us. I presume Gabriel notices too.

"Is that what you're looking for?" I ask.

"That's exactly it."

"I'll fetch it for you." I say starting my walk towards the not so small puppy.

It doesn't react as I walk up to it. It's just staring at nothing like a statue. I reach for the wolf's leg to touch the bracelet. When I touch it, my hand immediately retracts because of a strange burning it gives to me. "Ow!"

"What was that?" Gabriel asks.

"How am I supposed to know?"

Instead of trying again, using telekinesis, I lift the dog's leg, slide off the bracelet and shove it towards Anne and Eliza. "See if it works for one of you."

"What do we use as a target?" Anne asks.

"Why not the freshly grown puppy called Zangoose?" Paul says.

I turn my head towards the other three and see them looking at the dog. "What do you mean?" I ask, continuing my head turn. "It couldn't have possibly gro-okay then." In front of me is a very large dark yellow wolf, the description of what Eliza was saying. It is also not just staring at nothing anymore and seems very agitated.

"Taking the bracelet is what most likely triggered this." I say.

"You started it. You fix it." Gabriel says.

"Very heroic of you." I say sarcastically.

I do the same thing I've done with every mid-boss and boss and drop it from the ceiling. Before it hits the ground, it catches itself by taking using earth magic and taking chunks out of the ground to slow it's descent.

Wow. Good job.